Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland managers job

Options
  • 14-01-2008 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Sorry cant find the original thread but been announced on FM104 that Sanchez has been interviewed for the job..odds dropped to 15.0 on betfair but can also back him on PP and boyles

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Just saw this too: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ls/7189055.stm

currently 21 on betfair .. surely worth a small punt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MarkOShea

Houllier is odds on now! 1/3 with PP, around 2.0 on Betfair. I haven't had any bets on this since I backed Roy Hodgson abouot a month ago. I've a few pound coming on the newcastle market and am laying it all against Houillier.

Crazy price. Unless someone knows something I don't...............!

Edit: €4000 waiting to back him at 1.9! That's a lot of money. I layed at 1.96 only a minute ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

Massive money today for Liam Brady, backed into as little as 9/4, but now the betting flipped, Houllier now odds on!! Whats that about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MarkOShea

It's crazy. On Betfair alone Brady, Houllier, Venables have all traded odds on...Venables as low as 1.5ish! Deschamps went less than 6/4. David O' Leary was around 2/1 back when the market started. Dalglish had been less than 2/1 before he got the Newcastle job.

A layer's paradise! Bookies are laughing I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

MarkOShea wrote: »
    It's crazy. On Betfair alone Brady, Houllier, Venables have all traded odds on...Venables as low as 1.5ish! Deschamps went less than 6/4. David O' Leary was around 2/1 back when the market started. Dalglish had been less than 2/1 before he got the Newcastle job.

A layer's paradise! Bookies are laughing I'd say.

Big Mick will be the favourite by Sunday!

• Advertisement

I smell a big fuking rat with that market.
    fraud on a grand scale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭scaramanga

ya somebodys making some serious cash on this, this bout the 5th time somebodys gone into odds on:rolleyes:

Seriously, there should be an investigation into this.

It's fukin outrageous.

now the betting is suspended with paddypower & ladbrokes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

now the betting is suspended with paddypower & ladbrokes!
    The betting was suspended in every bookies (bar PP) hours ago. Paddy Power suspend betting at about this time every night.

There was much more money put on Houllier today than there was on Venables when RTE posted this:
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/0111/venablest.html

At least when Deschamps was getting backed there had been rumours flying about beforehand and Roy Keane even mentioned it. I don't see any reason why Houllier would be be getting backed more than anyone else just because his odds got cut.

imo there's definitely something up with Houllier and the FAI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

I dont think theres any fraud of any sorts, its just people are getting too excited when one big bet is put on, or another interview is done, this has caused so many different candidates odds to drop, Paddypower are laughing!!!

Who do people think will get the job?

Can't imagine Gerard Houllier leaving his post as the French Football Federation's technical director, for the Irish job, looking at the betting and the way its going you would think Houllier has signed the dotted line last night!

It seems to be between the front three runners in the betting exchange, Liam Brady, Houllier and Venables! I honestly think that none of the big names want the job, becuase it is going to be very difficult to succeed. Thats why I fancy Liam Brady to be given the role!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

I honestly thought dave o leary was the man but since he rejected the interview i think mick mccarthy could be a dark horse;);)

dotsflan wrote: »
    I honestly thought dave o leary was the man but since he rejected the interview i think mick mccarthy could be a dark horse;);)

you should get on betfair and take the small few quid on him at 55's & 60's!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

Jaysus lads, trying to pick the next manager for Ireland is nearly impossible.

Those guys that used to be in Merrion Square could do anything. For all we know they could appoint somebody with no international management experience & very little managerial experience of any sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

WH BONNEY wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, trying to pick the next manager for Ireland is nearly impossible.

Those guys that used to be in Merrion Square could do anything. For all we know they could appoint somebody with no international management experience & very little managerial experience of any sort.

lol, imagine that!

(it's not merrion sq anymore btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

I think they will just offer stan the job back when they cant get anyone else....
    dejavu

people are worse clowns throwing away money on the next manager.....

people are worse clowns throwing away money on the next manager.....

I'd say there is a few who made money - Laying Deschamps for example!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

MarkOShea wrote: »
    Dalglish had been less than 2/1 before he got the Newcastle job.
    No doubting 'tis a crazy market... but not so much that Dalglish has gotten the Newcastle job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

Stick your money on Mick McCarthy. I reckon there just waiting on Wolves to sack him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

alot of money moved to Kenny Dagleish today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Mellor wrote: »
    alot of money moved to Kenny Dagleish today
    Some taxi driver txted a radio show saying he collected Kenny and he told him he had just come from an Interview for the Irish job. Althought it may not be true it could be the reason for the money on Dagliesh (who would be sh*t).

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

Saw one lad going from one bookie to another backing Tigana. Wouldn't be for me though. But just in case anyone wanted to know. Wasn't for big money but probably enough (if it won) to get a holiday out of.

were u following him?

Houllier is supposed to have said hes not interested in the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

were u following him?

Not intentionally but it was the end of racing and as I was leaving I saw him run across to another bookie across the road. And as he walked into the first shop, and went straight to the counter to check the price and then backed it, I assumed he was doing the same again.

Liam Brady has been cut from 7/1 to 15/8 second fav with paddy powers!

Any one any idea when the FAI will announce the out come?

I'm thinking about laying big on Houllier... I think it's later tonight, probably near the 9pm news...

Just had a look on irishtime website... looks like no decision will be made public tonight...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Liam Brady has been cut from 7/1 to 15/8 second fav with paddy powers!

Any one any idea when the FAI will announce the out come?

Back him yesterday on a mates advice. Wonder will it be him?

Advertisement