Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland managers job

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Good plan, we'll go 50/50 on the profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Heard it from a friend of a friend of a cousin of a daughter of the neighbour to a friend to the cleaner of the house across from Houlier that he wont be the next manager.

(he's drifted on Betfair)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I have him layd on BF from last week when he was ~2.2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Nice work james.
    Better chance of Cson becomming Irish manager at this stage.
    looking like money in the bank

I have to say, laying is the way to go if ya wanna make money, I was always a bit nervous about it because I didn't understand it, but it's way better than backing!

e.g. if you back a team in the prem you are only betting on 1 outcome
    if you lay a team you are backing 2 outcomes!!

Way better!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Laying isnt backing 2 outcomes, is it not that you are backing against 1 outcome?
    There could be any of 15 different outcomes for the Ireland managers job, you are just
    backing that one of them wont happen.

yeah, so your backing that one of the other out comes will happen

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Good to see the topic back on course!

I have got to really start laying more often.

What you think james of a thread for the best lay of the day???

Best lays are CS bets, return is low but if you get in early you can sucker someone into sh!t odd's

A Lay of the day thread would be cool though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

jameshayes wrote: »
    I have him layd on BF from last week when he was ~2.2

Thanks for that.

• Advertisement

Forky wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Lads its gona be Brady.
    End of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

Unlikely imo. Brady has not been successful managing senior players and Delaney has to pick someone who has had some success at that level, otherwise he will be open to criticism of picking a candidated equally as unqualified as Stan.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Sunday World reported yesterday that Venables has told the FAI offer him the job or he goes. It is hard to blame him!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

jameshayes wrote: »
    Best lays are CS bets, return is low but if you get in early you can sucker someone into sh!t odd's

A Lay of the day thread would be cool though!

Excuse my ignorance but what are CS??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Roonbox wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but what are CS??

i presume Correct Score

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SteadyEddie

Well we are nearing the day when we will finally hear. Tiganas odds have shortened significantly. Where do you see it going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

market suspended on BF at the mo... is something being announced? I've no radio.. nothing on the fai website tho

doesn't matter... it's back

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Giovanni Trappatoni trading around the 7/1 2nd fav mark at the moment on Betfair. (I've no idea where this has come from but I don't see him as a realistic candidate (nor will i be laying it either though :) )).
    2/1 Fav Venables.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 vaughny

news just in on sky sports news that trappatoni is in deep talks fot the position!! what does everyone think as him as manager yey or ney?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

gone into 4/7 fav wit powers:confused:! brady and tigana now 16/1 & 12/1!:mad:

It's ludacris. That's the last time I bet a tonne on rumours/gossip/hearsay I tell ye (except if it's for a nag :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭scaramanga

out ot 6/1 on betfair now and venebals fav once again, some series manipulation of market here alot of money will be made when/if el tel gets it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The betfair heads have him second favourite. I'd listen to them more than the odds on bookies getting yet more losing money thrown at them. (A big presumption).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Trapattoni
    Trapattoni will be announced as the next Republic of Ireland manager on the 30th of January 2008 with Liam Brady as his assistant

Gone out from evens to 7-2 on pp

Well Givens, Houghton and Howe might as well take charge full-time! Talk about milking a process.

Giovanni has only been in the hot seat since yesterday and he has 250K traded on him.. Deschamps was in the scene for a week and only had 70K traded on him... hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Id say givens, houghton and Howe are making a fortune on the exchanges releasing all these "inside stories"

• Advertisement

I really think there should be an investigation into this market.

Personally, I don't think markets like this should even be legal - they're just way too open to manipulation.

Even if anyone was caught for it they could *almost* plead entrapment... it'd be just so fvkin easy and tempting to make a killing on this if you'd inside info.

Advertisement