Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland managers job

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I really think there should be an investigation into this market.

Personally, I don't think markets like this should even be legal - they're just way too open to manipulation.

Even if anyone was caught for it they could *almost* plead entrapment... it'd be just so fvkin easy and tempting to make a killing on this if you'd inside info.

If you dont trust the markets, dont bet on it. Pretty simple really.

Personnally i love these markets, easiest way too make money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

Journos control these markets. Back at 25's...lay at 3's.

If you don't back Venables you are a sucker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I like these markets too - but I do agree, they are too open, too easy for insider to know whats going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

Its King Kenny.

It will be announced tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭geurrp the yard

WH BONNEY wrote: »
    Its King Kenny.

Funny Enough Ive also heard this aswell. Than again ive heard about everything at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

WH BONNEY wrote: »
    Its King Kenny.

Im going to lay ...................... his daughter:D
    eh i wish.
    Cant see him getting it.
    Its El Tel for me!

Rafa Benitez just seen outside FAI HQ with contract in his hand! Bet now!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

Guy camE up to me in work yesterday & says he needs me to put a bet on quickly.

"No problem, what is it ?"

"Kenny D for the Ireland job"

"Get the fcuk out of here"

"No seriously my brothers mate knows a guy who flys helicopters and he brought him in today to sign the contract."

I spent the next 15 minutes trying to convince him that he should hold to his 100 quid. Reluctantly he went home with his money cursing me for not encouraging him to invest in this sure thing @7/2

It really is amazing how much money is being thrown away in this market on the back of complete drival being put out there by people.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

said it awhile back, (dalgleish:confused:) that would have been a good investment.. hes the one...

Where is everyone hearing this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭robryan

I heard the Kenny Daglaish rumor as well doubt that'll happen been outta the game for awhile. Unfortunately it'll probably be the cheap option again Billy Davis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chepaddy

Talk up here in Scotland is Billy Davies with David Kelly as assistant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Got yet another phonecall from a lad who's 'mate works in FAI' and it's going to be Lawrie Sanchez.

This market has provided me with plenty of entertainment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Looking like Trapp.

I've got rid of my red on him anyway.

FAI have announced a board meeting for tomorrow night.

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0202/breaking24.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Just got a call from a mate in hospitality at the Ireland Itally rugby game and he has just served a bottle of wine to a table containing Liam Brady, John Delaney, Dave Blood and the new man himself Giovanni Trapatoni!

Chargggggggggggge

Just got a call from a mate in hospitality at the Ireland Itally rugby game and he has just served a bottle of wine to a table containing Liam Brady, John Delaney, Dave Blood and the new man himself Giovanni Trapatoni!

Chargggggggggggge

Thank god this nonsense will be over if he is announced tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Breaking News
    FAI to get Trapattoni and Brady

Emmet Malone Soccer correspondent

The FAI is set to appoint veteran Italian coach Giovanni Trapattoni as Steve Staunton's successor. The 68-year-old is on course to reach an agreement with the association over the coming days and is likely to be in Croke Park on Wednesday night to watch the team play Brazil.

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0202/breaking24.htm
    The chairman of the Selection Panel set up to recruit the next manager of the Republic of Ireland senior international team has asked the President of the Football Association of Ireland to convene a meeting of the Board of Management. The President has called a meeting for tomorrow, Sunday, at 6.30pm in the Citywest Hotel, Saggart, Co Dublin. A statement will be issued after the meeting and posted on the FAI website.
    http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2826

He's currently 3/1.

And guess what? He's now drifting like a barge!

Last price traded on Betfair 5.0. He surely won't drift too far with all the media saying he has it but who is accepting all the bets on him?
    No bets for me anymore on this nonsense.

chatsoccer can exclusively reveal that Italian Giovanni Trapattoni will imminently be offered the job of Republic of Ireland manager. He is due to meet with FAI officials this afternoon or evening at an undisclosed location and a chatsoccer source claims it's "game on"- so much so that Trapattoni is expected to take his place in the stands for Ireland's friendly against Brazil this coming Wednesday. A meeting of the FAI board has been convened for tomorrow evening in Dublin to ratify the appointment of the 68-year-old. who was born on St. Patrick's Day 1939.

More information when we get it.

http://www.chatsoccer.eu/news/index.php/Republic-of-Ireland/Ireland-spring-a-Trap.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

eirebhoy wrote: »
    cwho was born on St. Patrick's Day 1939.

Lovely :rolleyes: - even more paddywhackery for the bandwagoners to rejoice about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Trapattoni is still around 11/10 on betfair. I've backed him (probably just added myself to the manager betting mug list). The Sun had the story emblazened all over their paper today. I know the Sun is a load of garbage when it comes to the truth but surely they wouldn't risk embarressment at having him as the manager on their front page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Trapattoni is 4-6 on Paddy Power. Good odds for an apparent certainty

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MarkB

Gio Trap still coming in on betfair.Now into 1.78 from 5.0 earlier today. Considering laying off my bets on him. Any new information?

MarkB wrote: »
    Any new information?
    Put it this way, can you see the FAI announcing Venables (not popular with the fans) as manager when everyone's expecting Trapattoni (popular choice)? They issued a statement denying Venables was offered the job a few weeks ago and would have done the same again today if the stories about Trapattoni were false.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

WTF - latest odds of betfair:

El Tel 3.65 (in from 4.2 earlier)
    Gio Trap 3.2 (out from 1.96 earlier)
    Billy Davies 6.4 (in from 11)

I have absolutly no idea who is going to get this job.

Yesterday i thought it was a 2 horse race, now i'm unsure

Davies is going to be interviewed tomorrow for the job.... we'll have to wait and see what happens, just keep an eye on the market tomorrow and you'll know if that interview was successful..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Its anyone job, im gona get a few on Sanchez and George Burley tomorrow ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Its anyone job, im gona get a few on Sanchez and George Burley tomorrow ;)

George burley? As in the new scotland manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

Girl in work from Cobh who knows Stephen Irelands family and there saying Kenny Daglish is the man rumoured to being prepared for offer.

Not sure myself.

Checked Boylesports and he's 12/1.

Anyone know anything of this Arie Hann guy whos at 150/1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

balls. I was sure on sunday morn that after all the shenanigans that it had finally came down to a two horse race with trap being the slight fav.

im in a bit trouble if it's not trap or venables.

last time i ever play in a manager market.

Advertisement