Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland managers job

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

adrian522 wrote: »
    George burley? As in the new scotland manager?

George Graham my apologies:D;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

balls. I was sure on sunday morn that after all the shenanigans that it had finally came down to a two horse race with trap being the slight fav.

im in a bit trouble if it's not trap or venables.

last time i ever play in a manager market.

I'm in the same boat. Deffo ignore anyone who says "I konw a lad who works in the FAI/saw xyz at the the airport/friend of robbie Keane etc" as its all horse manure.

Dagleash is still 20/1 on Betfair. I feel pretty confident it will be either Trapp or El Tel.

IF it is Billy Davies I'll be out of pocket but I don't think it will be.He's still around 5.0 on BF if you wanted to put a "saver" on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I was tempted to do a saver but no can do. If I was to do a*fukcin*nother one then I'd have to put even more on both Trap and Tel too and I'm in as deep as I can go so... fook it.

The fella who gave me this tip is a good mate and he's in for more than me. In fairness to him, he got two other manager tips (Big Sam and Quinn) and it was all champagne and good times after each so c'est la vie.

Just going to keep the fingers crossed that it's trap or el tel and I'll get out with a break-even.

edit- one good thing about this market is if you've had a punt you're certainly getting a run for your money!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

edit- one good thing about this market is if you've had a punt you're certainly getting a run for your money!

an adrenaline rush fit for a king!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭TomPich

Trap gets my vote! Bring some Italian reliability into the team i say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

Just going to keep the fingers crossed that it's trap or el tel and I'll get out with a break-even.

Im On the same boat, Just about to back trap to get me a breakeven if eith come in, otherwise.........fooked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

It's going to be George Graham.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

PIMPHO wrote: »
    It's going to be George Graham.............

120.0 on Betfair.

I am quite confident you are very wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I can't believe they didn't contact Luca Vialli. He'd be a great appointment and they could make a packet on him first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

still have fingers crossed for brady - but cant see it. he'l prob be assistant, and i wish id backed him at decent odds - but how bad!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭ODD-JOB

dont forget last time , steve staunton became big favourite , then drifted out to 16/1 before being selected quite some time later !!

Ive put 8 euro on brady for my work-mate who was talking to somebody who drinks in the baggot inn , and was suposedly talking to jack charlton after the fai awards the other day. jack didnt talk about it but yer man who drinks there thinks it'll be brady , and that was enough for my workmate .

i warned him off..... but he insisted !! 8 squid @30 on Bf.

i just thinking of the guy who said he seen George Graham buying an ireland scarf in marathon sports in the ilac centre....... lump on :)

Trapattoni, 68, who managed his own country between 2000 and 2004, is now the preferred candidate of the FAI. Terry Venables, who has already been interviewed, is the association's standby choice, and Billy Davies will also be given a chance to make a case for the job, although the latter is understood to be a rank outsider.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/internationals/trapattoni-heads-irelands-wish-list-778496.html

looks like your safe....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 vbboardie

TomPich wrote: »
    Trap gets my vote! Bring some Italian reliability into the team i say!

Spice it up a little

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Has anyone laid against say Glenn Hoddle and held thier breath?

Mike.

http://www.examiner.ie/irishexaminer/pages/story.aspx-qqqg=sport-qqqm=sport-qqqa=sport-qqqid=54959-qqqx=1.asp

Trapattoni appointed Ireland coach

By Tony Leen, Sports Editor
    SOCCER chiefs last night pulled off their own Italian job by securing legendary coach Giovanni Trapattoni as the next Republic of Ireland head coach......

Get On!!

Fill Yer Boots Up
    Fill Yer Boots Up
    Fill Yer Boots Up For The Lads

La La La La Free Money For Franko La La La La

lol, spot the non-professional gambler :D:D;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Happy with this, tidy little profit, hopefully betfair will settle the market sooner rather than later as I have a good bit tied up in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

He is at 1.25 on betfair now.... :rolleyes: was thinking of putting on a nice wee wager but naaa the value long gone

plenty of money been wagered even now... fair play to those who got him over 100's or greater though...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

thewools wrote: »
    He is at 1.25 on betfair now.... :rolleyes: was thinking of putting on a nice wee wager but naaa the value long gone

plenty of money been wagered even now... fair play to those who got him over 100's or greater though...

+1

Did anyone get him at big odds?

• Advertisement

There is a shed load of money unmatched to lay trapp? What dya's think?

people/bookies locking in profit?

can anyone explain why you can still get 1.1 fir Trappatoni on betfair?
    surley thats a certainty?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

i got trapatonni afther the last fai meeting at 10-1 and layed a 10 on it not bad when ya think there was only really 2 left in it at the time

Roonbox wrote: »

Would you be in anyway supprised if the FAI fooked up? Missed their flight? or forgot to bring a pen for him to sign the contract?

Roonbox wrote: »
    People trading out for profit. Mainly. Freeing up funds etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Forky wrote: »
    People trading out for profit. Mainly. Freeing up funds etc.

If that's the case we should be lumping on then? Anyone risking it?

Im contemplating it seriously...

I lumped on yesterday at 1.24 then I got cold feet later and laid half of it off at 1.17. The thing is though, I'd say it's about 97% certainty (this precision figure calculated from X where X = hunch).

Still, I do think it's a great price for what, by all available info, appears to be a done deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Trap is 1/20 !! not even money

Advertisement