Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Red cow lane changes

Options
  • 14-01-2008 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Anyone else get caught out by the changes this morning? Coming from the Newlands Cross side I was attempting to get on the M50 southbound. According to their web site instructions:
    N7 Eastbound to M50 Southbound & Northbound
    Two lanes will be provided for these movements at the N7 / Monastery Lane traffic signals. When approaching these traffic signals drivers should use the N7 inner lane for M50 northbound and the N7 middle lane for M50 southbound.

So there I was in the middle lane approaching the Monastery Lane traffic signals thinking thats where I should be . At this point the road splits into two with the middle lane and outer lanes for city centre traffic only and the inside lane is M50 traffic.
    To get on the two lanes provided for the M50 traffic you needed to be on the inside lane.
    So I ended up caught up in traffic going into town.
    These cnuts couldn't organize a p1zz up in a brewery.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

Imagine the terror of a country person facing that round about for the first time?

Have you ever seen an arial shot of the red cow roundabout? Mad looking.
    I saw one in the paper last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh my mate and I went out yesterday(Sunday) to try it out before the madness this morning. We were coming down the Monastery Road but ended up in the Ibis Hotel car park as the signs for the M50 weren't hugely obvious. And my God there was was lanes everywhere once we hit the M50/N7 intersection, but it should definitely help things along once everyone gets used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement