Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newspaper/Internet Tipsters Leaderboard

Options
  • 14-01-2008 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

Is there any one place to view the strike rates of the various tipsters around (both online and in the newspapers) for horce racing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

The main reason I ask is... I was going to set up a site to do this (i.e. display and keep track of the various tipsters selections -both the online and newspaper variety).

I had planned on getting it up and running for the new year but, alas, I've been very busy with other work.

What do yis think of this? Would it be a site you'd take a look at regularly? Personally, I know I'd keep track of it.

The main problem I'd have with the site is data input. I could automate (or semi-automate, at least) the online tips but I don't really fancy buying and inputing all the newspaper tips. Maybe I could ask the various tipsters to CC a mail to me or something?

I'd really appreciate any thoughts, comments, offers of help, etc!

(edit: have read the charter and I hope this post isn't interpreted as "pimping a site" - sincere apologies if I am actually in breach).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Do you mean every tip in every sport of just NAPS? The racing post and sporting life sites both keep table of horse racing NAPS.

Just meant the horses. hmm, the racing post one is very similar to what I had in mind.
    Even the "Today's Best Bets" section where the selections are ordered by tipster popularity. e.g.:
    Helen Wood 2:20 Fakenham
    Blackpool Gazette, Dundee Courier, News Of The World, Racing And Football Outlook, Rp Ratings, Western Mail
    Cathedral Rock 1:20 Fakenham
    Coventry Evening Telegraph, Daily Record, Sunday Express, Weekender
    Clear Reef 3:40 Southwell (A.W)
    Belfast Newsletter, Newmarket, Spotlight, The People
    I'd include other sources as well though and make it nicer to use (tables orderable by any column- meeting, race, selection popularity, tipster etc.).

Still, that is more or less what I was thinking about.

god dang it.

What if the site contained an amalgamation of that data (english newspapers), the irish newpapers and some internet tipsters... and it had the much nicer interface.

Would it be worth the effort do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

and throw in other sports too if you can handle the large amount of data you'd need, from tips to naps, and with soccer and other sports an option to click the link that would give an explanation as to why such a choice was made (infact this would be helpful for horse racing aswell)

• Advertisement

I wouldn't really be able to handle other sports. It'd just take too much time to collect and input the data every day... although, if I'd a reliable and consitent online data source I could just as easily cover other sports with little or no extra daily effort.

To start with it'd just be horses though.

Advertisement