Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to start looking for somewhere to live?

Options
  • 14-01-2008 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Posted about this already in the UCC forum but thought I might get a better response here.

Heading back to UCC after a few years and need to find somewhere to live. There wasn't much choice last time I was in UCC, you picked from a few student villages and that was it. Been looking on Daft but not much around at the moment, just wondering what advise anyone might have about the best place to start looking. I've outgrown student villages and all that, just looking for somewhere nice within walking distance (see as parking in UCC aint gonna happen). Anyway, like I said, have tried Daft but not sure where else to look :/

I've mostly been concentrating on Western Rd, Sundays Well, Turners Cross, Wilton type areas but wondering if people had other suggestions of areas to look. I have a car, but would happily walk/take a bus to avoid the parking nightmare in UCC if that were possible.

Anyone know of any decent flatfinder type offices in Cork that might be helpful?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Cheers Ill try and pick a copy of the Echo up when im in Cork tomorrow, not so handy unless you are based in the city, but nice suggestion cheers.

The accommodations office is mostly your standard student gafs, which im trying to avoid, been there done that scenario tbh.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

440Hz wrote: »
    Anyone know of any decent flatfinder type offices in Cork that might be helpful?

Cheers

Check your PM....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

Echo is how i found my place, and i think theres a room becoming avalible for the next accademic year (i can say that with confidence because its my room) let me know how you get on.

I dunno what the story with my place is but im off barrack st, 10 minutes from UCC

Cheers kidd-o, im supposed to be starting now so will need somwhere asap, thanks though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

the ucc accom office?
    i am gonna be renting out a room to a professional type in feb but not sure whether to use that place or not cos i wanna get someone for a full year not just a college term and i want someone clean and tidy and most students dont give a monkeys about where they live....
    but i remember they had a good selection and let u use their phone.... its opposite the gates on college road that u drive in....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

#1 - daft.ie
    #2 - UCC Accomm office (even if you're looking for non-studenty places, they should have a good selection - they get a lot of normal people and lecturers and PHd students and stuff too)
    #3 - The Echo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

#4 - I suppose you could ring a few estate agents, because a lot of them still haven't got the hang of that internet thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I'd try the Echo and Daft. I lived on Washington St for my final 2 years (opposite Costigans) and much prefered it to my friends student accom. 4 of us rented a 3 bed appt. for €85 a week which was reasonable given the condition of the appt and the proximity to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

try and put up notices in on message boards around the college.

• Advertisement

Illkillya wrote: »
    they get a lot of normal people

:D

Classic!

Cheers for all the replies guys! Will give it a blast tomorrow and try and see as many places as I can this week. Hopefully Ill get settled soon and drag some of ye out for a session ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

440Hz wrote: »
    :D

Classic!

Cheers for all the replies guys! Will give it a blast tomorrow and try and see as many places as I can this week. Hopefully Ill get settled soon and drag some of ye out for a session ;)
    Hell, if nothing else at least you'll have a good supply of couches to crash on in the meantime :)

Hell, if nothing else at least you'll have a good supply of couches to crash on in the meantime :)

hehe! It might just come to that :/

Advertisement