Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Service

Options
  • 14-01-2008 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any recommendations on garages to get your car serviced?
    Ideally a place a cut above your average "shed out the back with a spanner"
    e.g can hook into engine management system etc.
    Owning a BMW I want to avoid spending a small fortune at the main dealers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Brian C might have an idea. Send him a txt.

Have you checked how much Reilly will charge you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

A bit of advice you can avoid Coopers in Cooloney they advertise 90 euro fixed service, all they do for that is top up the oil and recommend you get a service !!!
    I see a few lads have opened in Market Yard and seem to have all the digital equipment there for resetting your on board computer. Have no idea what the price is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

That place in the Market Yard is Scanlon's. I hear he's good and if it's something he can't fix, he'll tell you immediately. More than be said for alot of garages. "Sorry. We tried this, that and the other and it's no better. That'll be €300 please."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Damo driving around in a beamer, not bad....

You still working dublin? If so there is a place around rathmines/harolds cross that does a good service and doesn't rip you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Yeah still in the big smoke, any idea the name of that garage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Check your pm...

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Brianb8802

Thats mad, i was just coming on here to ask the same question. Anybody got any comment on advanced pitstop? They have a garage in sligo aswell. Where is the market yard? Might take a trip to scanlons tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Top of Harmony hill.
    Or head past the Cathederal and the Hawkswell and take the left at the Dragon House Chinese. At the end of that road take the road around to the left and Scanlons is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Brianb8802 wrote: »
    Thats mad, i was just coming on here to ask the same question. Anybody got any comment on advanced pitstop? They have a garage in sligo aswell. Where is the market yard? Might take a trip to scanlons tomorrow

Don't go to Advance Pitstop. I got my car serviced there a year ago - charged over €400, collected it, and as I was heading up the dual carraigeway, I hear a big rattling sound coming from the engine. Pulled over, popped up the bonnet & found a wire cutters had been left in the engine. Could've easily caused an accident.

So I wrote a letter of complaint & did they offer me a refund? Did they heck.. they said they'd give me a discount on a new set of tyres. No thanks. They'd probably fall off in a week.

Following that, I was out on the beer with work a week later, & bumped into one of the guys who worked there - real ugly git, moustache & black hair - real knacker face on him.... anyway, he recognised me & tried to start on me cause his boss had had a go at him for his shoddy work - he said I'd no right to have written a letter of complaint to his boss. Had to get the bouncer to kick him out.

Scanlon's, Mkt Yard - much better bet - yer man's sound & won't rip you off.

Advertisement