Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band for a 60th Birthday party

Options
  • 14-01-2008 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Anyone got a recommendation for a band for a 60th birthday? Majority of the crowd will be 50+ so I guess it would need to cater for that age group.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭girlwitcurls

the o callaghan family band very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DEEMAR

Theres a two-piece that play some Saturday nights in the Greenhills in Limerick, a guy and girl. They do a lot of 'oldie' numbers. Not sure what they re called, but they sound good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Aesop wrote: »
    Anyone got a recommendation for a band for a 60th birthday? Majority of the crowd will be 50+ so I guess it would need to cater for that age group.
    My neighbour is a member of a band called Keep In Touch, the lead singer Liam O'Kelly used to be the main guy involved in The Deerhunters, a very popular wedding band. He's out gigging with them every week, i know they played the Macra Ball in the Woodlands in Adare a couple of weeks back and they're playing weddings practically every second week. They cater for all ages but would be especially well suited to a 50+ audience. I've seen them play a couple of weddings and they are very good.

If you want to PM me i can send you contact details for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DEEMAR

I was in the Greenhills again last Saturday nite. This duo is 'Moonlite' , a guy called Mike Bullman and Leona (something) theyre very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hawkquin

Aesop wrote: »

Hi Aesop,

I'm in the same situation you were in, it's my dad's 60th coming up in a few months and I'd like to make it a good one. did you have any luck? and if so would you be able to recommend the band to me? I'd really appreciate your help. or if anyone else has recommendations, the party will be in Dublin. thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement