Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD4 Clan Night and discussion. Next Saturday??

• 14-01-2008 12:21pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to suggest next Friday (18th) or Saturday (19th) night for a COD4 clan night.... (vote above).

I dont have the time to be clan leader but at least if we all meet up we can discuss things (and discuss them here!)

DeV.

What evening suits you for a Clan meeting? 28 votes

Friday 18th
    0% 0 votes
    Saturday 19th
    25% 7 votes
    Either is good for me
    50% 14 votes
    Atari Jaguar?
    25% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Ill be away this weekend, tho I'd definitely be up for the next one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

i'm not around either on friday but would be around at some point on the sat night,

more midweek games suit me but i know that doesn't suit everyone so i'll try my best to be around at weekends,

on a side note anyone around for a mess around tonight?

Say after 8?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I voted atari jaguar until i realised i could be around friday depending on what time we agree on.

Also, might be an idea for someone* to draw up an agenda so that we can get the red tape finished as quick as possible and focus on the important stuff - ground war TDM :D

*I'll draw one up at some stage this week seeing as this someone person, whoever they are, never takes responsibility for anything! Cant chair the meeting tho since i'm not sure I'll be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

either night will do me.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

hopefully we'd have enough in the clan to have adhoc games most nights of the week... I'm only throwing this out for a first time meet up so we can kick this off.

Who has all that list in their contacts and can invite for the game??

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Been away from this for a while, the girlfriend has been keeping me on a short chain but I will try and make it whatever night is agreed.

Will prob get hammered as its ages since i played but a Boards vs Boards game would be a laugh alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

Is this just for the hard core amongst us or for the casual gamer too?

In the other COD4 clan thread there was some talk of having casual gamers too that just want to play for fun. (read that as not have their ass shot off!!:D)

Perhaps the casual ones could be target practice for the uber clan?!! :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This will be exclusively for everyone. :)

If there are people who are cannon fodder, so be it. The idea is to have fun and a kick about with your mates.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Count me in for Friday night. Prob going on the sauce on Saturday so won't be around. If we can confirm a time I'll be able to book it in with the wife for a few hours. I have people on the list on the other thread added to the point where my name is so a good few boardsies added.

Add me in now whenever you get a chance. Much more fun playing with you guys then against random yanks

Edit* I should be online tonight from 7:30 til 9 or so if anyone wants a game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ill try make it.
    Hey Devore any chance of clan forum :)
    Also whats your gamer tag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Saturday is good for me. Anytime after six.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

I'll try to make it along at some point too. Only as cannon fodder though, all this clan stuff sounds like a bit too much effort than I like for my games :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭cherrio

I'll be around both nights and would be up for it.

My gamer tag is the rather unimaginative: DeVoreIE

Lets say we'll play from 6pm on Saturday as it seems the most preferred.

As for a clan tag? I dunno... lets be imaginative. Throw some suggestions in here!

Celtic Warriors?
    Gael Force?
    Who's Your Paddy?

DeV.

kencleary wrote: »
    I'll try to make it along at some point too. Only as cannon fodder though, all this clan stuff sounds like a bit too much effort than I like for my games :)
    A clan is just a way of organising and identifying people you want to play with regularly. We should have a big enough clan that we can have wars just between ourselves. The serious clan warfare stuff can be taken on by the top 5 or whatever, players in the clan.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Clantags are limited to 4 characters, at the moment, most people are using [BRDS]

If I'm around, I'll play, but I'm forseeing a lengthy break from XBL...

It's 6v6/8v8

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Caved in and bought COD4 there and now borderline addicted to the multiplayer after a lengthy session in a friends house.

Would love to take part in this, but I won't be available on Saturday. I'll see if I can pop online for an hour @ 6 before I go out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

How do i play with all u lads? Do i just have to enter BRDS as my clan and it automatically takes me to ur game? I have no computer game "friends" on xbox so im very lonely :(

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

I'd be good for Saturday, maybe Friday

Antamojo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Friday is good for me, what time are we talking?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

DeVore wrote: »
    A clan is just a way of organising and identifying people you want to play with regularly. We should have a big enough clan that we can have wars just between ourselves. The serious clan warfare stuff can be taken on by the top 5 or whatever, players in the clan.

DeV.
    I like this idea.

keen wrote: »
    Friday is good for me, what time are we talking?

Has a decision been made? Going by the poll Friday seems like the best day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

looks like 14 can do friday but 19 can do Saturday. Friday suits me so if we can get 14 on Friday then we can defo have some good games

djkeogh wrote: »
    looks like 14 can do friday but 19 can do Saturday. Friday suits me so if we can get 14 on Friday then we can defo have some good games

either way someone send me a bloody invite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭coady

i will be there both nights , but probaby after 11 pm,, :eek:

trying to connect to parties and actually play games with Irish gamers makes me cry.

Yeah, thats why I'm now clanning with a bunch of 16yr old uk'ers who organise everything :)

djkeogh wrote: »

Well what time then? How does 7 suit?

Its Saturday. We'll start at 7pm!

Add as many of us as possible (I'm DeVoreIE) and we'll see what we can drag together!

DeV.

zabbo wrote: »
    trying to connect to parties and actually play games with Irish gamers makes me cry.

Yeah, thats why I'm now clanning with a bunch of 16yr old uk'ers who organise everything :)

You will be there though right.............right.

Remember the guys from the UK who beat us using just pistols. :eek:

• Advertisement

I won't be there, going to be sans XBL for a few weeks.

Trust me, no team I played on was getting beaten with pistols :)

There's easily the nucleus of a decent clan with the BRDS guys I've played with already.

Advertisement