Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bosch Rotak lawnmower spares (polly-v belt)

Options
  • 14-01-2008 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭

I have this 1.5 year old Bosch Rotak 34 lawnmower I got in Woodies. Just out of warranty, it threw the drive-belt and kinked it. I need a new belt.

Now, it's a standard polly-v type belt, but it's really short unlike the ones I'm used to from engine auxiliary belts!
    Anybody know of any sources of these belts in South Dublin? I want to get two!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

At the risk of stating the obvious, have you tried calling the nearest Bosch service centre? They're usually reasonably competent in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Alun wrote: »
    At the risk of stating the obvious, have you tried calling the nearest Bosch service centre? They're usually reasonably competent in my experience.

Err, at the risk of sounding stoopid, no I haven't because I couldn't find a link to any! I had a look at the importers site (Origo) but it doesn't list any repair centers!

garyh3 wrote: »

This is it. It's a little higher than what I expected! I'll keep this option in reserve!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

10-10-20 wrote: »
    Err, at the risk of sounding stoopid, no I haven't because I couldn't find a link to any! I had a look at the importers site (Origo) but it doesn't list any repair centers!
    In the instruction manual that came with my Bosch Rotak mower that i bought in '06 there's the following address :-

<removed as it turns out to be no longer valid>

They might have changed distributors in the meantime I suppose, but it might do no harm to try that number.

EDIT: Correct information is :-

http://www.origo.ie

Origo
    Magna Drive
    Magna Business Park
    City West
    Dublin 24
    Phone: +353 (0)1 4666700

• Advertisement

Thanks very much! I did RTFM initially, but I didn't make a note of the contact details!

:)

OK, after calling Origo, I was passed onto some OTHER company who supply the lawnmower spares (flippin round the houses...!) and they had the required part in stock for €9 plus VAT.
    So I'll be back in business as soon as they get posted out to me.

Oh, and this is the link to the parts database:
    https://etli.bosch-pt.com/(mixznzjzpioan155n1xk3255)/index.aspx?ID_GROUP_COUNTRY=296

I just wanted to update this thread with my findings since January.

I purchased two belts from the rep in Dublin (as recommended by Origo) but these failed to fit onto the lawn-mower, being too small.
    I dropped out to the parts rep to return the belts and I also brought out the faulty unit to see if we could get something to fit.
    The rep phoned Bosch Ireland (Origo) as he couldn't find the belts I required on his system, and they advised him that the Rotak 34's motor assembly was 'non-user repairable' and the only option was to purchase the complete belt & motor assembly as a whole unit. The cost... €110!
    Considering I purchased the lawnmower for €149 in 2006, this was very poor service.

So, I sent a mail to Bosch UK with my part details who, again, provided contact details of a third-party company (Green Machines) who provide parts for them.

I have only just finished up a call to Green Machines and they were able to find the part number and are supplying the matching part number of the faulty belt for £9 and £4 P&P. I'm getting two. Amazingly Origo weren't able to do this MONTHS ago...

Bosch product quality: 7/10.
    Bosch Ireland service quality: 1/10.

Advertisement