Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oasis or Blur

Options
  • 14-01-2008 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭

the ultimate musical question...

Oasis or Blur? 23 votes

Oasis
    0%
    Blur
    100%
    ShamoCreatureDodgeaphex™Killaqueen!!!Mullyrag2garslipssgustavoguinnessdrinkeraidan24326Anto McCwalrusgumbleXavi6Heisenberg.strawberryb0yDancorDriver 8Green GiantRastaRed 23 votes

Comments

blur.
    Whaaaa?
    Oasis, i mean Oasis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I like both. Pity your poll doesn't give that option.

WORST POLL EVER

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

So you finally got your time machine working? Hardly a relevant debate now?

Anyway for what it's worth, I like both. Blur are more creative and original but I think Oasis make better individual songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Pulp

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

Pulp

I knew somebody was going to say that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

Pulp Fiction

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

What BaZmO* said. Blur were willing to experiment, and created more consistantly great good music, but tbh a great Oasis song is on another level-too bad they only had 2[Don't Look Back in Anger and Little by Little]!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I like both, but Blur its gonna be cause Oasis' songs all sound simular... plus they're a bunch of city supporting bastards!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Blur
    Nailz wrote: »
    I like both, but Blur its gonna be cause Oasis' songs all sound simular... plus they're a bunch of city supporting bastards!!! :D

Surely that's reason enough to vote FOR them?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Blur.

/stops listening to music altogether now that that's settled.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Blur
    bring it down, up the sky,rock n' roll star, champagne supernova, wonderwall, dont look back in anger, listen up, rockin chair, masterplan,fade away,good to be free, talk to night, live forever, a bell will ring ...

lyrically oasis were better in my humble opinion, (blur were very good) but there is more grit in oasis. more heart. songs are simple "songs for the man who is going down the shops to buy the paper and a pack of fags with nothing to do".

but as marcus russel said rock n' roll is not about inventing the wheel. blur, as clever as they were kinda of looked forced.

blur were a little too preachy and whingy. oasis have songs that are more optimistic and have a bit of gggggggggrrrrrrrr. they were the first band since the stone roses that made kids that everyone to be in a band and be successful. blur were a little too arty for me, but again just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Blur
    Oasis. Simply because they were the embodiment of the rock n roll lifestyle after Nirvana ended. Blur were and still are amazing as well but I just think in terms of sheer entertainment, Oasis have my vote hands down. This was only a recent revelation mind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Blur
    Oasis. Ya can't beat Oasis...

Blur are amazing though.

Oasis. Ya can't beat Oasis...

Blur are amazing though.
    you can beat them with a pole!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I think I'd be quite capable of beating Noel Gallagher with a pole.

Advertisement