Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Sever?

Options
  • 14-01-2008 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gaspode5

I was just wondering if there is an unofficial Server with alot of Irish players?

I play on the Hellfire server now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

The general consensus is that there is quite a few on outland, but to be quite honest your best bet is to look at the server sticky and look at the last couple of pages, not the 1st as they are useless now.

On emeriss myself and I know a couple are there, I also know of some on laughing skull / burning blade / jaedonar (sp)

Just pick whatever suites you tbh :D

Hf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

whos on laughing skull, or were you referring to me?! i have a 70 warr on there, and recently started (35) a huntard on trollbane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

A good few of us are on moonglade too. But i will probably be leaving soon as the server performance is completly dire.

Wasn't referring to anyone in particular just remember someone saying that they played on laughing skull..

I said I quit a couple a weeks ago...I lied :D currently SLOWLY levelling a druid, the game is quite a chore for me as I’ve done everything pve/pvp side and just occasionally log on to do some arenas on my mage/pally.

I’m only level 22 on the druid but im hoping to slowly hit 70 just in time for lich king.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

im on jaedenar myself, ive a good few of my mates from college who play on it

also i started a new toon on buring legion last week and joined a irish guild, we have about 10 irish members now, still searching :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

On Ravenholdt & it's getting better now as more of the guilds are instituting World PVP, which is awesome - other members of my guild are not so impressed with it & I think are scared of PVP ....... idiots!!!!

World PVP is better for all ...... we have Tarren Mills retaken by the Alliance on our server, Warsong & Ashenvale is now in full Horde control, with Rachet & Redridge soon to be the subject of take-overs (once we lock the Rats out of Rachet & in turn the Crossroads as they are getting a little daring of late, we're laughing our asses off!)

:::: ven0mous ::::

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I wish there was world PvP on my server (Executus). But everyone is too busy getting 'epixs' to bother anymore. Why cant Blizz make it worthwhile to actually hold an enemy town? Its 'War'craft after all...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

tom_ass19 wrote: »
    im on jaedenar myself, ive a good few of my mates from college who play on it

also i started a new toon on buring legion last week and joined a irish guild, we have about 10 irish members now, still searching :D

your on jaednar?? jeez theres a good few irish on it... 4 in my guild and 2 others at least that i know of... char name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

Hey Tom,

What side are you on alliance or horde? What's the name of your guild? Me and some of my mates are on BL - there is around 10 or so irish with alot of good friends from other parts.

Most of us have 70s but we are always power-leveling each others alts.

Kiith wrote: »
    I wish there was world PvP on my server (Executus). But everyone is too busy getting 'epixs' to bother anymore. Why cant Blizz make it worthwhile to actually hold an enemy town? Its 'War'craft after all...

Rumour has it - this is being looked at in the form of a patch (with WoTLK or without - nothing's been cemented!), but AFAIK - this will be places in Outland, contested areas & new areas for WoTLK.

There's so many little s**theads running around with epics but can't seem to PVP for s**t on our server that it was long overue, & now it's either kill or be killed ...... as it should be on a PVP server ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

ven0m wrote: »
    There's so many little s**theads running around with epics but can't seem to PVP for s**t on our server that it was long overue, & now it's either kill or be killed ...... as it should be on a PVP server ....

No it shouldnt. Wrong game. Go play arena, which is probably the best implementation of pvp youll find. Killing lvl 20's in ashenvale in wow is like owning a ferrari and driving it up and down your cul de sac. You might think its fun but your really not making the most of whats available to you.

Dustaz wrote: »
    No it shouldnt. Wrong game. Go play arena, which is probably the best implementation of pvp youll find. Killing lvl 20's in ashenvale in wow is like owning a ferrari and driving it up and down your cul de sac. You might think its fun but your really not making the most of whats available to you.

Arena is NOT world PVP ...... or even real PVP ... it is an artificial situation where you pretty much know where the enemy is most times if not all times .... where's the challenge in that? There isn't. Besides, most people playing Arena or BG never play as a team & are only out for the kills & miss the goals associated with the various types of BG games within WoW.

Real PVP is beating on people your own level - killing lowbies gives you no honor anyway, & frankly is someone who has too much time on their hands & is spending it inside WoW instead of out in the real world with real people .....

Arena is NOT world PVP ...... or even real PVP ... it is an artificial situation where you pretty much know where the enemy is most times if not all times .... where's the challenge in that? There isn't. Besides, most people playing Arena or BG never play as a team & are only out for the kills & miss the goals associated with the various types of BG games within WoW.

:eek:

Dustaz wrote: »
    :eek:

I've had problems trying to put a team together within my own guild - but even when I take them on skirmishes, it's people too focussed on what's in front of them to even think about strategy ..... besides, Arena against people who dual-box is a nightmare!!!!! bad enough it happens in BG!!!!!!!!

Anyways - this is all off the point ........ /ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Everthing venomous wrote
    Wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Its almost like Faylum created some kind of Zealot army and has commanded them to invade the WoW forum... TEH POWR OF CHRIS COMP3LLS J00!!11

If you describe Arena as
    Besides, most people playing Arena or BG never play as a team & are only out for the kills & miss the goals associated with the various types of BG games within WoW.
    then you arent doing it right...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Lol......just lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

besides, Arena against people who dual-box is a nightmare!!!!!

ahahahahahahahahahaha

Le ban le troll!

DRakE wrote: »
    Wrong.

Oh yes - opinions are wrong ......... phhffffttt, get a grip. That's my opinion & it refers more to BG than it does Arena ..... most people who play Arena take it super seriously, & they are awesome to play with & against ...... battlegrounds are becoming moronic at every level ........ world pvp all the way for me ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

Chada wrote: »
    Hey Tom,

What side are you on alliance or horde? What's the name of your guild? Me and some of my mates are on BL - there is around 10 or so irish with alot of good friends from other parts.

Most of us have 70s but we are always power-leveling each others alts.

hey chada

im horde n hopefully you are :D both jaedenar and BL.

jaedenar server ive a 70rogue called Tomass in the guild 'the dark templars' and BL ive a 33mage called Reds

u alliance or horde?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

The amount of AFK people in BG's is a joke and takes the fun out of BG's for me. You can report them but it still dont help when your a few toons down.

I guess you could say the same about the other side, they are sure to have some AFK's also.

And i play on Alonsos server. A few irish people on it but not allot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I play on dragonblight and loads of my mates have a guild called "Pog ma Thoin" and its all irish players in it

BadCharlie wrote: »
    The amount of AFK people in BG's is a joke and takes the fun out of BG's for me. You can report them but it still dont help when your a few toons down.

I guess you could say the same about the other side, they are sure to have some AFK's also.

And i play on Alonsos server. A few irish people on it but not allot.

Thank God for Blizzard's new policy on AFK in BG, but it still won't stop the general muppetry that has been taking place of late - esp. in WSG ....

oh yeah - Zylo's Hand ftw!!!! :D

zomg!! haha i hate wsg soooooooooo much.. noob honor imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Premade WSG is the best BG there is.

much prefer AB

^^ Hows it noob honor, care to elaborate.

If you ask me WSG premades and arathi basin are the only tactical pvp there is in wow at the moment, AV and eye of alliance is where the pvp is just retarded.

'eye of alliance' refering to the BG starting EVERYTIME with 15 alliance v 6 horde.

well on my server anyway. av is just an afk fest.. :(
    Should be so many afk votes and disconnected from the bg for 1 hour.

Well it is noob honor really.

If your doing BG's for pure honor and not TEH THRILL OF TEH PVP then nothing comes close to av for honor/hour. Your going to have to do the others for a certain amount of marks, but if your purely looking for honor then there is no comparison.

Any pre-mades are going to be better than the pug version but having sad that, i too feel that WSG is the worst BG out there. Its good if its pre-made vs pre-made and it becomes what it was meant to be, but usually its lol-roffle in the middle for 45 minutes.

• Advertisement

+1

Advertisement