Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

piano bars Dublin

Options
  • 14-01-2008 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for either a restaurant or bar in Dublin where I can go with friends to listen to great live piano music

Any suggestions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Joys on Baggot st. Quite nice, middle aged crowd
    Cafe En Sine, Dawson St. Not a big fan, much prefer Ron Blacks
    The Libary in Lillies. Not of big fan of here either
    Bojangles, Harcourt St. Not sure if its still open
    The Viper Room, All right if you stay upstairs and sit near the stage, plus its open till 0430. The downstairs is a dump

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Harry B's on Nassau Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

xzanti wrote: »
    Harry B's on Nassau Street

It's gone now - replaced by something called 'The Blarney Inn'. I kid you not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

There's also The Lotts Bar off Liffy St. I;ve never actually seen someone play the piano. But there is one there oh and Nostromo on Leeson St. But I think it might of closed

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Sandraf

There used to be another one just behind the Unicorn restaurant on Merrion Row - Club 5 maybe ? Not sure if it's still there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

starn wrote: »

not a big fan, or, even a little fan but I have never heard piano in there, are you sure like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Westbury hotel, upstairs just outside the bar. You can hear it from inside the bar too. Gentile old gentlemen plays it.. some nice tunes. Moon River and the likes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Westbury hotel, upstairs just outside the bar. You can hear it from inside the bar too. Gentile old gentlemen plays it.. some nice tunes. Moon River and the likes..

Thanks for the heads up-nothin' worse than a Jewish piano player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

I just wanted to revive this thread for anyone interested in piano bars, theres a new piano bar down behind the Point (O2) called the Green Room Bar. Its quite sultry, decorated with leather couches and a warm feel to place. Stacey Kavanagh is the resident player of the french baby grand piano on Friday nights and its well worth going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Just came across this thread on a google search. Anybody have any piano bars to add to it, or subtract from it, in May 2011?

The Radisson in St Helen's used to have a pianist and a violinist playing together on an evening some years back. Very mellow and just up my alley; you could have a great chat with chilled-out music in the background. Romanza restaurant on Leeson Street, on the other hand, had a very lively piano bar around the same time.

PS: I rang the above Green Room bar (which I'd never heard of before) earlier tonight and got an answering machine for the Liffey Trust.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

starn wrote: »
    Joys on Baggot st. Quite nice, middle aged crowd
    The Libary in Lillies. Not of big fan of here either
    Bojangles, Harcourt St. Not sure if its still open
    The Viper Room, All right if you stay upstairs and sit near the stage, plus its open till 0430. The downstairs is a dump

And the times they are a' changin' ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 oncebitten

On a Friday or Saturday night, definitely No. 5 - down the same lane as The Unicorn restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭dubscribe

I want to go to a piano bar on Friday 7th Oct in Dublin. The No 5 was all over the internet. I just emailed them, it bounced back. I just phoned them and got an answer machine with Rudy saying "he'd get back to me when he got round to it".

Sounds like the No 5 Piano Bar is gone.

Can anyone recommend anywhere else????

dubscribe wrote: »
    I want to go to a piano bar on Friday 7th Oct in Dublin. The No 5 was all over the internet. I just emailed them, it bounced back. I just phoned them and got an answer machine with Rudy saying "he'd get back to me when he got round to it".

Sounds like the No 5 Piano Bar is gone.

Can anyone recommend anywhere else????

Rudy just called me from the Unicorn. I hadn't left a message, but he phoned my number just in case - now that's real customer service.

NO 5 is ALIVE and still kicking. After Rudy's wonderful follow-up call, I'm pretty sure that's where me and the girls are heading for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tomtom123.ie

Hi guys, just noticed this thread... I'm a piano player in Dublin myself so if anyone is still looking I think I may be of assistance :P

The Bank on college green, tuesdays and wednesday 6.30 - 8.30 and Sunday 1 till 3.
    matt the threshers (used to be pembroke inn) on pembroke street Thurs, Fri's 8 till 11 and Sat's 9 till 11.

Conrad Hotel across from the concert hall has piano Friday and Saturday 6 till 9 and they've since started sunday but I haven't a clue what time.

The Brooks hotel has piano weds - sunday.
    I know the Westbury have started up some piano again, I think during lunch times...
    Shelbourne had some Jazz piano but I heard it was shyte I think it's being shut down as quick as it started...
    Four Seasons have piano at weekends...
    L'ecrivain has piano Friday and saturday but obviously that's a bit of dear spot for just to hear some piano...
    Also, If you're lucky (or unlucky) enough to be friends a member of the residence they have a piano...
    and last but not least the green room out by the o2 have piano there... I know of the girl that plays out there I hear she's very good...

I'll recommend The Bank, Matt's and Conrad on saturday nights for the fact you're keeping me in the job :P

Thank you SO MUCH for responding.

I nolonger live in Dublin, but when I visit occasionally I just love going to a good piano bar.

Good luck and long may you continue to play (and earn a few bob)

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

I can highly recommend Tom, I've seen him a few times and he is fantastic. Great range of songs, especially the Beatles catalog!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

there was a guy in the Shelbourne bar who was great, we were there on culture night, but i don't think he was there just for that, pricey tho

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Murphdog94

Just came across this on Google. Am a Dublin student who is pretty handy at the piano. Have a really nice set I could play somewhere but have no idea how to go about it or where to enquire. Does anyone know of any piano bars in town that might be looking for something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Dont bump old threads please

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement