Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

phone with everything?

• 14-01-2008 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

Is there a phone out there with everything needed

tri-band
    PDA with windows O/S
    Wifi
    GPS

I've come across IPAQ HW6910 which is cool but ugly
    I've also come across generic make which would be perfect except its missing wifi

I'm not interested in the nokia n95 as it doesn't have windows o/s on it.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Shamrogue

My bro has this phone, basically everything you want i think.
    You may have to put some stuff on yourself like maps and that. Good phone, he likes it anyways.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/HTC-Kaiser-TyTN-II-2-P4550-PDA-Pocket-PC-Mobile-Phone_W0QQitemZ150204034332QQihZ005QQcategoryZ38331QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Look up HTC phones, there are a couple of models that have everything you are looking for, but I can't remember the exact names now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

sweet, that looks like an awesome phone. needs a bit more saving. I appreciates the posts, thanks; its what I'm after... not the greatest camera but I can deal with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Sneaky_Russian

The HTC trinity aka P3600 has those features.

I needed to upgrade the software to enable the GPS and it's generally not listed on the spec sheets.

That was 6 months ago though so i presume it ships with the latest and greatest stuff now.

I found this HTC and it seems to be reasnoable... almost too reasnoable...

http://cgi.ebay.ie/HTC-TyTN-II-Kaiser-XDP-PDA-Great-Deal-Great-Phone_W0QQitemZ320207212646QQihZ011QQcategoryZ40975QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I found that Trinity as well; seems to have everything I need also, but I could only find 1 for sale on ebay which wasn't new.

Oddly enough the price for the trinity - which is a tad lower spec than the kaiser (the link above) is almost the same price... and the trinity has bids on it... which begs the question, why pay as much for the trinity when the kaiser is only a few bob more???

• Advertisement

thinking more about it now... the seller hasn't sold any items recently...
    Is that what some ppl do? Sell some items that are older than 90 days have 100% feedback... the user can't see what items were bought from the seller... the seller puts up 3 HTC's for sale all coming thru at the same time; then fecks off with the money??? am I being uber paranoid here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Sniipe wrote: »
    Is there a phone out there with everything needed tri-band PDA with windows O/S Wifi GPS I've come across IPAQ HW6910 which is cool but ugly I've also come across generic make which would be perfect except its missing wifi I'm not interested in the nokia n95 as it doesn't have windows o/s on it. Any ideas?

At the moment there are 3 HTC phones I'd recommend checking out:

The HTC p3600 which I own and love:
    Great as a phone, inbuilt GPS with Tomtom, PDA, mp3 player etc etc.

The HTC Kaiser: has everything including tilting keyboard except fm radio but is bulky.

Specs-wise, the HTC Touch-Cruise would be the device i'd recommend though:
    Phone, HSDPA, GPS, fm tuner, wifi, bluetooth, WM6, micro-sdhc, 3mp camera TouchFLO UI and it's thin (15mm) and light (130g).
    No keyboard though.
    I'm considering selling my p3600 and getting it myself.
    (Basically a Kaiser without keyboard but plus fm radio plus better iphone-ish UI).

hmm, I really like the kaiser with the keyboard... had a glance at the touch, looks cool enough - but no GPS. How much would u sell ur phone for?
    actually the HTC p3600 has no GPS either?

hmm, I really like the kaiser with the keyboard... had a glance at the touch, looks cool enough - but no GPS. How much would u sell ur phone for?
    actually the HTC p3600 has no GPS either?

Nope the HTC p3600 has built-in GPS.*

All HTC p3600's (like my own) have the updated ROMs with built-in GPS out of the box like the Kaiser.
    Tomtom works fantastically with it.

The TOUCH-CRUISE also has GPS.
    The TOUCH is a totally different device (which doesn't have GPS).

PM me if you're interested in buying the HTC p3600.

*About a year ago when the HTC p3600 first came out you simply needed to update the ROM to activate the GPS module, hence the confusion about it not having GPS. No need to do that anymore, it has GPS out of the box now.

I came across this phone which got good reviews... I think it mite be something very similar to the p3600... http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110213068438&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

• Advertisement

I came across this phone which got good reviews... I think it mite be something very similar to the p3600... http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110213068438&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

The Eten M700 has decent specs but it doesn't have 3g like its predecessor the X500.

Its successor, the Eten X800 however has everything but a slider keyboard ie phone, pda, wifi, HSDPA, fm tuner, GPS, yada yada.

The successor to the X800, the Eten M800 will have everything though apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Dutch_Druid

The Palm Treo series is very nice, but not available in Ireland via our providers... Typical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I have a Treo 750v it's a cool piece of hardware.

Advertisement