Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Access 2003 with Run Time Error 3075

Options
  • 14-01-2008 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Afternoon all,
    I've an MS Access application that's been running for ever (5 or 6 years) without any problems until recently when I had a persistent DB crash. The DB crash I solved with a full reinstall of Access 03.

But now any SQL statements using "right" or "left" or "mid" are causing a run time error 3075. Full error text is as follows "Function is not available in expressions in query expression 'Right([First number],Val(Len([First number])-3))'".

There have been no code or SQL line changes. Below is a sample of one of the DoCmd's in question....

DoCmd.RunSQL "UPDATE tblDataLoad SET tblDataLoad.[Number] = Right([First number],Val(Len([First number])-3)) WHERE (((Left([First Number],3))='353'));", -1

It's as if the "left" and "right" etc are no longer valid!

Any ideas or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tony Hine

>>>It's as if the "left" and "right" etc are no longer valid!<<<

Yes this is a common problem, I believe you will find that you need a reference set in your references. I think the one you need is the one for visual basic, however search the Internet you will find your solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭AccessQuery

Morning,
    Yip was missing a reference all right. It was due to a previous problem I had for which I removed MS-Project and Visual Studio 08. One of the de-installs removed my reference file.

You'd want your wits about you when dealing with MS-everything!

Thanks again.

Advertisement