Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convince me about Betfair

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

mike65 wrote: »
    Trading as in "teh markets" ISEQ/NASDAQ/FTSE etc? or something else?

Mike.

Nope. Trading as in backing and then laying. Can be done on any markets, I normally don't trade on Horses but Soccer and Golf are normally good markets for trades. You should try and get into stats aswell, for example, a half time/Full time bet on Manu on Draw/Manu win returns quite a substantial number of hits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

mike65 wrote: »
    Unless I'm missing something its hopeless for accumulators with PP you can mix and match many events and results within that event ie win/draw/win, handicaps, first goalscorer etc.

Mike

But you really don't want to be doing accumulators anyway! They are the bookies favourite bets for a reason.

Even if you insist doing them the bookies will always be still there (price around, please don't just stay with PP).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

Hi Mike, I wrote a fairly comprehensive thread about betfair:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054910815 Have a look at the first post as it contains an index of topics.

I also wrote a basic trading guide for letsbet:

http://www.letsbet.ie/articles/betting_guides/introduction_to_trading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Have any of you placed a bet on the Australian tennis with Betfair? Did you have to send off any documentation to London before you did? What's the story with these KYC (know your customer) checks from an Irish customers point of view anyway?
    You can transfer money to your Australian wallet and place bets right away but you won't be able to withdraw it without doing the KYC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Redknapp, Betfair... hehehe.

Advertisement