Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carling Cup Final Tickets

Options
  • 14-01-2008 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Just asking the question to all , should we get to CC cup final what ye reckon our ticket allocation will be for the game and will tickets be easy to come by for club members outside of the 23k+ season ticket holders that i would presume will all attend the game. Will their be a mad scramble on for tickets??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

What an optimistic spuds fan you are!!

Ever hear about putting the cart before the horse?!!:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Qwerty27 wrote: »
    What an optimistic spuds fan you are!!

Ever hear about putting the cart before the horse?!!:;)

Goon fan.

Banned.

BERBA wrote: »
    Just asking the question to all , should we get to CC cup final what ye reckon our ticket allocation will be for the game and will tickets be easy to come by for club members outside of the 23k+ season ticket holders that i would presume will all attend the game. Will their be a mad scramble on for tickets??

For the ManYoo-Wigan final two years ago in the Millenium Stadium, ManYoo received 33,000 and Wigan received 27,000 tickets. The total attendance was just shy of 67,000, though I don't know if Wigan managed to shift all of theirs.

For comparison, last season's FA Cup final saw 50k tickets split evenly between ManYoo and Chelsea, with another 23k "allocated to people involved in the grassroots of football and the football family". That leaves roughly 17k for hospitality and premium seats etc.

I doubt the Football League distributes as many to the suits as the FA do, but I'd be surpries if the allocation to any of the 4 potential finalists exceeded 35k, and I'd lean more towards the 30k mark.

While a lot of ST holders may not be able to attend, I'd expect the vast majority to apply for a ticket at least, then sell it on if not going. Add in club sponsors, players families, corporate gigs etc I'd say tickets would make it trhough to members, but I'd expect the loyalty point cut off to be high enough.

100+ points would be an educated guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

For the ManYoo-Wigan final two years ago in the Millenium Stadium, ManYoo received 33,000 and Wigan received 27,000 tickets. The total attendance was just shy of 67,000, though I don't know if Wigan managed to shift all of theirs.

For comparison, last season's FA Cup final saw 50k tickets split evenly between ManYoo and Chelsea, with another 23k "allocated to people involved in the grassroots of football and the football family". That leaves roughly 17k for hospitality and premium seats etc.

I doubt the Football League distributes as many to the suits as the FA do, but I'd be surpries if the allocation to any of the 4 potential finalists exceeded 35k, and I'd lean more towards the 30k mark.

While a lot of ST holders may not be able to attend, I'd expect the vast majority to apply for a ticket at least, then sell it on if not going. Add in club sponsors, players families, corporate gigs etc I'd say tickets would make it trhough to members, but I'd expect the loyalty point cut off to be high enough.

100+ points would be an educated guess.

Always more tickets available for League Cup Final than for FA Cup final. Could be wrong but afaik in 99 and 02 tickets weren't offered to members though a limited amount was offered to official members clubs to draw amongst their members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

yiddo wrote: »
    Always more tickets available for League Cup Final than for FA Cup final. Could be wrong but afaik in 99 and 02 tickets weren't offered to members though a limited amount was offered to official members clubs to draw amongst their members.
    So basically as a mere Lillywhite I have no chance for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Qwerty27 What an optimistic spuds fan you are!!Ever hear about putting the cart before the horse?!!:[/B]

Cart before horse...now i remember qwerty 27 !!!....COYS

The look on Mersons face last night ....priceless..all he was short of was crying :

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

On a serious note, whats the chances of members getting tickets for the final ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Hatch99 wrote: »
    On a serious note, whats the chances of members getting tickets for the final ??

Judging from replies above and previous years its looks bleak for club members like me hope i'm wrong , but the demand will prob be off the scale.

Same as meself.....nightmare, just have to wait and see I suppose.
    The package deals will probably be mad money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭sew

hmmmm well i got flights already, and accomadation, even if i dont get tickets id say the banter in a couple of pubs in n17 would be good!

• Advertisement

Until we hear what our allocation is it will be hard to judge, but I'd expect us to get 30k at a minimum. We have 23k ST holders, and if they don't g themselves they'll apply for a ticket anyway and ship on to mates.

That leaves 7k for coporates, VIP trips and members. As Pat (yiddo) said, the members tickets will more likely be given to supporters clubs.

My earlier estimate of 100 LPs for members was probably optimistic.

Sorry fellas.

below is a copy of an email that all members clubs received from the club this morning.
    Hi Everyone
    As I am sure you are all aware following last night's 5 - 1 (6 - 2 on aggregate) victory over Arsenal Fc we have progressed to the Final of the 2007/2008 Carling Cup.

This match is scheduled to be played at Wembley on Sunday 24th February.

We are currently awaiting details regarding ticket allocation etc. As soon as we have any further details I will contact you.

Kind regards

Details now on official site:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ticketinfo/matchdayinfo.html?id=124

Allocation 31200.

Looks like some members will get tickets, anyone's guess as to how many though.

Best of luck chaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

That's how many other tickets will be out there - try other sources not just Spurs.

Interesting stuff. Looks like some might go on sale to members, but probably not many. I agree with the shout to look elsewhere too, there will obviously be a fair few floating around in various places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

If life has taught me anything its taught me this: i should have upgraded spurs membership years ago. Just from reading the announcement on the spurs website it seems extremely unlikely that tickets will be avaiable for me.

Still There's always sky sports the nearest pub and my spurs shirt to keep me company come the 24th of Feb.

'AL wrote:
    [EN;54951020']If life has taught me anything its taught me this: i should have upgraded spurs membership years ago. Just from reading the announcement on the spurs website it seems extremely unlikely that tickets will be avaiable for me.

Eh?

If you've a Bronze or Lilywhite membership you're in with a chance mate, depends on your loyalty point total.

Only way of guaranteeing a ticket would have been to have a season ticket, but that's an expensive lay ouy just for a cup final.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

I assume that package deals to the final through holiday companies would be expensive. Anyone ever done it that way and any ideas of price

There would be no harm in organising a get together for the match anyway (I am in Dublin btw) .

stmochtas wrote: »
    I assume that package deals to the final through holiday companies would be expensive. Anyone ever done it that way and any ideas of price

On past experience I don't think you'll find that many companies doing pacakages to the game simply more tickets go the competing clubs in the League Cup final than in the FA Cup Final. This means that there are less "floating" about for neutrals/corportates which is where most of the package tickets come from.

Ronan, I assume they mean Loyalty Points this season, and not over the period of time that you have been a member.

Also, Abbey Travel are doing a deal, mad money €850, 1 night in 4star hotel, flights and match ticket !!! Better do the Euromillions :-)

• Advertisement

Ronan, I assume they mean Loyalty Points this season, and not over the period of time that you have been a member.

I'm not sure when Spurs reset your LPs total (I think points earned last for eight years, but Spurs are likely to cull points in groups rather than on a one by one basis), but whatever is showing on your One Hotspur account as of now is the total points they will use to allocate tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭purple'n'gold

Good luck to spurs in the final, I sincerely hope you beat Chelsea.

hhmmm !!

All thats showing up on mine at the min is this seasons LP's. Nothing for the last few years.

What had you got before the changeover to the new software?

Get on to the ticket office sharpish, they should have manually added your previous year's total into the new system when you renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

Wow, that is expensive and I would not really want to be at corporate level.

What had you got before the changeover to the new software?

Get on to the ticket office sharpish, they should have manually added your previous year's total into the new system when you renewed.

Will do. Iv got a couple of cockneys on the case for tickets...fingers crossed !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Eh?

If you've a Bronze or Lilywhite membership you're in with a chance mate, depends on your loyalty point total.

Only way of guaranteeing a ticket would have been to have a season ticket, but that's an expensive lay ouy just for a cup final.

I'm lillywhite mate. And my Loyalty points total is fairly low.

But i know what you mean. Gold and Silver members get first dibbs then Bronze and lillywhite think thats the order of the ticket sales well i know i have a better chance at getting tickets than the general public anyway ;) but from the way they were talking on spurs.co.uk i really dont think me personally will be able to get a ticket.

I'd love a season ticket (i've been hinting for the last 2 birthdays or so) but for the money your paying you'd want to fly over every 2nd month or so for a game to make it worth while. once i win the lotto i plan on buying a house near the lane and then a season ticket :D

Also, Abbey Travel are doing a deal, mad money €850, 1 night in 4star hotel, flights and match ticket !!! Better do the Euromillions :-)

If I paid that much I'd expect to play for at least a half an hour :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DubSpur81

yiddo wrote: »
    If I paid that much I'd expect to play for at least a half an hour :D;)

Where else is good to look? I tried Celtic Horizons but they won't have anything sorted till Monday, 850eur is mad money, plus you'd probably be stuck on a coach with a load of Chelsea plastics who think top tier football only began in 2003 and that spending a fortune on a ****load of players lends the club any sort of history, class or heritage.

• Advertisement

Celtic Horizon told me this morning that they wouldnt be doing any packages for it, they pointed me in the direction of the jokers in Abbey Travel.

Advertisement