Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband.ie- any good?

Options
  • 14-01-2008 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭

Looking around now for broadband- no phone line as it's a rented house. I'm thinking Irish broadband for 1MB download speeds for €26 a month- anyone have any experience with this?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Your looking at buying IBB Rippwave Plus 1MB, may I suggest that you search the forum for rippwave.#

You'll find people's views on it are very mixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Have a look at the Broadband Poll to see who is happy and not happy with this and others. 7 Vs 7 for Ripwave, very divided.

If all you're looking for is web surfing and email then it might be OK. If it's gaming, skype, P2P, and all the other broadband related things you can do, then quite possibly not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭windy bee

Irish Broadband is simply useless. Their support team are so condescending, unhelpful, rude and painfully ignorant its not funny, even Eircoms support is better than Irish Broadbands and thats saying something.

I know of one guy paying 50 euro per month for a 3MB breeze line connection, he is forever having trouble with it, any time he phones he gets laughed at, luckily he is switching to DSL. These cowboys are chancing their arm and will hopefully fold soon. Stay well well away.

P.S : Did you know Irish Broadband is owned by the National Toll Roads, maybe thats how they are staying in business...

Below are some reviews from review centre:

I have Irish Broadband and Im very unhappy with it, I find it just goes on off, on off all the time. I would not recommend www.irishbroadband.ie.

Very disapointed with the Irish broadband, its very slow geting started, it looses signal in the middle of looking something up and just goes off and it even takes forever to find anyting. Its not worth 2euros a month. Let alone 20!

I find the service is very inconsistent with Irish Broadband. Daytime speeds are average to poor while evenings and weekends are just ridiculous. Had good service in the beginning but that slowly degraded. I moved the Ripwave unit to a different location and got great reception for a few months. Then for some strange reason it degraded again. The only reason I continue to use this service is because it's the only one available to me. NTL still don't have service in my area (5 mins from Dublin city center) and I don't have or want a phone line. It will be great when Ireland joins the 21st century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

yeah their network has been fudged the last few days
    slow as xmas.
    Stay clear!

Advertisement