Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Didier Deschamps for manager

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Someone placed a 6000 bet with PP according to Newstalks Off the Ball.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

€32k put on Deschamps on Betfair since 3 o'clock. He's already the 3rd most backed person on Betfair (after Venables and Brady) which is incredible considering 80% of the money put on Deschamps was today.

It could just be a rumour which has gotten out of hand though. There's hardly any mention of him in the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

he is now 8/13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

I would be very surprised if he took the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Really hope he gets it. He's a great manager obviously, but I told a few mates a few days ago who took the piss so I'll be very smug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

I would be very surprised if he took the job.

thats the thing,for all we know, the fai could be doing trojan work here and may be close to a deal,but he may get a better offer. Newcastle anybody?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

the fai could be doing trojan work here
    AAAHHHHAAAA

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAH

Thanks for that laugh Ed. ffs.

Newcastle anybody?!
    If there's a bigger circus than the FAI, it's Newcastle United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

As much as I'd love to believe it could be Didier Deschamps, the fact that the FAI are involved leads me to think otherwise..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

DesF wrote: »
    AAAHHHHAAAA

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAH

Thanks for that laugh Ed. ffs.

at least ill give them a chance to prove that they can get something right. you have your own personal grievances with the FAI,not all of us share them Des..

• Advertisement

at least ill give them a chance to prove that they can get something right. you have your own personal grievances with the FAI,not all of us share them Des..
    Yeah, some of us have blinkers on when it comes to the FAI.

They are a shambolic shambles in everything they do. Everything. Every hour of every day of every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

not all of us share them Des..

Yeah but most of us do. THB I don't how anyone could think that they weren't a shambles. Staunton was sacked 3 months ago and they haven't even thought about who they're going to approach. England had a new manager within a few weeks.

Yeah but most of us do. THB I don't how anyone could think that they weren't a shambles. Staunton was sacked 3 months ago and they haven't even thought about who they're going to approach. England had a new manager within a few weeks.

To be fair the FAI didn't have Capello throwing himself at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Yeah, some of us have blinkers on when it comes to the FAI.

They are a shambolic shambles in everything they do. Everything. Every hour of every day of every week.
    Yet you still think they shouldn't go with the fans choice for this manager? :) I'd much rather go with someone the fans want (we're not stupid) over Venables or Stan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Think this thread got a mention on Newstalk there, that off the ball show, just barely heard it.

Think this thread got a mention on Newstalk there, that off the ball show, just barely heard it.

Did they say my name?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

yeah,twice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Did they say my name?
    No, just OP I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

No, just OP I think.

what?

dc69 wrote: »
    yeah,twice

:D
    dc69 wrote: »
    what?
    They mentioned flanzer, because he started the thread. I assume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Amazing...did they mention Boards? Or did they say Flanzer texted in.

• Advertisement

we are famous!!!!11111

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Deschamps is a good move imo. Better than Venables one would think.

Amazing...did they mention Boards? Or did they say Flanzer texted in.
    Prob mentioned boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

:D

They mentioned flanzer, because he started the thread. I assume.

Lads, get in line for autographs. You must pay me to have a photo with you. €5 per photo. Max 2 photos as I haven't got much time. My PaddyPower shares went through the roof, cashed them in and I'm heading for Mexico! :D

In all seriousness, Newstalk have yet to contact me. I'm hoping I haven't created a monster, Deschamps takes the job and we're all happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whore! (thats at least 2 mentions in the national media for boards.ie today!)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Did they mention Flanzer is due to be estebancambiaso's bitch if this all goes tits up lol

I just heard on the radio that THE reason Deschamp's odds have plummeted is because some crazyass dude put €6K on him to be the manager this lunchtime. Frankly though I dont know any bookies who would take such a bet, I tried to put €20 on Roy Hodgson a few weeks before Xmas at 25/1 and the max bet with Mr.Power was €15 ! LOB.

Lol..Flanzer you better be on your toes. Il hunt ya down.

If he is made manager, then me and you can head over to Dublin Airport for a meet and greet. Drinks on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Sizzler wrote: »
    Did they mention Flanzer is due to be estebancambiaso's bitch if this all goes tits up lol

I just heard on the radio that THE reason Deschamp's odds have plummeted is because some crazyass dude put €6K on him to be the manager this lunchtime. Frankly though I dont know any bookies who would take such a bet, I tried to put €20 on Roy Hodgson a few weeks before Xmas at 25/1 and the max bet with Mr.Power was €15 ! LOB.

Ye, but if you want to wager a larger sum they can ring up HQ to get it approved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Deschamps is 8/11 now and Venables is 2/1 :(

Flaanzzzzerrrrr!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

He is now 10/11

die

http://blog.paddypower.com/index.php/2007/10/26/next-ireland-manager&promo=BET&creaRAYBLOG

Houghton speaks(just seen this now its been around for ages). What a muppet. This numpty responsible for selecting the next manager.

We need to be realistic? Eh is beating Cyprus, Slovakia and Wales home and away being unrealistic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

the thought of having a continental manager was fun while he lasted

any excitement in ireland playing in the qualifiers will be gone when Venables gets the job next monday :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

will you give the FAI credit if they appoint Deschamps Des? Seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I would love it if Deschamps got the job but I can't se this happening. Seems too good to be true.

Will probably be Venables or McCarthy. :(

If this was a year later, and Drogheda did well in Champions League and at home, Doolin would be a prime candidate in my opinion. He should be our next manager. He needs to be involved with the next Irish set-up.

I hope Dolan goes about getting his badges, I really like him. He was right what he said if you manage in Ireland, you are considered a joke, which is wrong.

Doolin-2006 and 2007 Setanta cup.

2007 Eircom League title

FAI Cup 2005.

Very good record. I think managers would get more credibility if an All-Ireland league was formed, with 20 teams(or 18) in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

lolwtf?

correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't Didier leave Juve because the place was a shambles? why would he want to walk straight into another shambolic setup so?

He yearns for adventure? Hopefully he buys a house over my side of the city(Its Bono country), we could form a close bond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

If this was a year later, and Drogheda did well in Champions League and at home, Doolin would be a prime candidate in my opinion. He should be our next manager. He needs to be involved with the next Irish set-up.

I hope Dolan goes about getting his badges, I really like him. He was right what he said if you manage in Ireland, you are considered a joke, which is wrong.

:confused:

I'd rather not see Doolin get the job because I really don't rate him that highly. He was given bucketloads of money to assemble that Drogheda squad and still managed to get them playing dour football.

• Advertisement

I admit I am not that familar with Eircom League, I go to a few games a season and watch Fat ass(TV3 guy) with Osama(?, the Paths guy) and that Mulligan guy on Mondays. Hopefully RTE will have better coverage and at a better time. 7.30 please on a Monday, seriously who cares about a God damn Hippo.

Just out of curiosity who do you reckon put in a CV. from Eircom League/Irish footballing circles?

I think Kenny should get another chance at proving himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I'm sure Roddy was in with a ****eload of investors who he reckoned could turn our fortunes around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

DSB wrote: »
    I'm sure Roddy was in with a ****eload of investors who he reckoned could turn our fortunes around.

No doubt. Roddy would be in for the Barcelona job if it was going. Full of sh1t that fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I'm not amused.

If this was a stitch up thread, I'll be banning people.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    will you give the FAI credit if they appoint Deschamps Des? Seriously
    No, one "good" turn isn't enough to change my mind.

The FAI is about more than the national team, you know.

The FAI have fúcked up beyond all reason the running of the LoI, imo, and I will always, always hate them for it.

IF the FAI implemented Genesis, fully, got rid of the "jobs for the boys" brigade and actually paid more than a passing interest in the LoI from time to time, then I might start to change my mind.

Until such time as John Delaney is gone and an actual "football" man is put in charge of football in this country, then the FAI can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

What the fúck like? Deschamps won't be appointed, and we'll end up with some crook and a gangster in charge of the national team.

IF the FAI appoint a gangster to the job, they will, in my eyes, have foresaken all shred of credibility, as it will show exactly what the FAI are about.

Why people like John Giles felt the need to act on their behalf simply baffles me. One or two men can't change this organisation, it is rotten to the core, and until wholesale changes are made, I'll always feel this way.

I make no apology for this, and there are many thousands of LoI people in this country who feel the same.

But, if the appointment of Deschamps keeps the Olé Olé-ers happy for another two years, enables the FAI to sell ten thousand ten year block tickets for the new Landsdowne, then fair play to them, but I will still have no more than a morbid interest in the "National" Team.
    Doolin would be a prime candidate in my opinion.
    I admit I am not that familar with Eircom League
    So, er, wtf are you talking about then?

I hope Dolan goes about getting his badges, I really like him.
    You really like Dolan? There is something seriously amiss with you so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

The back of the star says today that they spoke to a "source close to Deschamps" (that old chestnut...probably his cleaner) and they said that he is not interested in managing a national team as he wants to get back into club football. However they arrived at that, it does make sense imo.

Flanzer!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Personally I hope some of you lost money for believing this crap in the first place.
    shane86 wrote: »
    A mate.

Someone whos brother does courier deliveries to FAI HQ and overheard it while he was using the jacks.

A taxi man told a mate of his he brought Didier from the airport to FAI.

Some oul gobsh1te down the pub.

Any of the above really.

Ahem.....

I feel quite the tit for repeating the Deschamps rumour after Id had a few last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭secman

I got a text from Bro in UK on Sunday evening and he backed him at 14/1. He got a text from one of his mates who has a contact in FAI and he was told to get money on Deschamps. When I checked odds early monday morning they were at 5/1 and 4/1, didn't put money down though. Seems to good to be true ! The FAI making a good choice ?

We now have Laurel and Hardy ( Delaney and Blood) making the call on the fixtures, what a JOKE, every other country in the group have their respective maanager/coach making the call . You would have thought that today was the deadline to be met and not the FAI board meeting next week ! Some things never change, Genisis my ARSe .

Secman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

BBC are reporting the Lawrie Sanchez had an interview with the FAI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

Lawrie Sanchez.

I see we're really aiming high.

Not the worst we could expect though, I suppose.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement