Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Young Love....

• 14-01-2008 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Is it unhealthy and insane for a 17 year old to be hung up on a girl he is crazily in love with, even though she doesnt even slightly feel the same way bout him??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

It sure is, my feathered friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

sounds like a normal 17 year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

nah not at all.but it really isnt love.its just a crush and it will pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

dont mind them all op this is the real thing this love for you like they could never understand I suggest some sort of crazy stunt to make her love you too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I suppose the normal line stops at around the time you start sniffing the pantys you stole for a fix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

May I suggest listening to some My Chemical Romance alone in your room?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Ahhh sweet infatuation, there be no more intoxicating brew when mixed with teenage lust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭aCA

I suggest some kind of zany scheme where you get help in training to get on the local football team so that the girl will fall in love with you. You get helped by an average looking dorky girl who has a heart of gold. It will all work out, with the dorky girls help, the girl you want will fall in love with you, but just at this moment you will realise you like the average looking dorky girl. Which is ok, cause a 2 minute make over and she looks hot anyway. roll credits. ta da.

I better add some kind of serious answer so I don't get in trouble, ya its probably not too healthy but its perfectly normal at 17.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

aCA wrote: »
    I suggest some kind of zany scheme where you get help in training to get on the local football team so that the girl will fall in love with you. You get helped by an average looking dorky girl who has a heart of gold. It will all work out, with the dorky girls help, the girl you want will fall in love with you, but just at this moment you will realise you like the average looking dorky girl. Which is ok, cause a 2 minute make over and she looks hot anyway. roll credits. ta da.

I better add some kind of serious answer so I don't get in trouble, ya its probably not too healthy but its perfectly normal at 17.

Oh sweet jaysus, sounds like that would be movie of the year! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

DEmeant0r wrote: »
    Oh sweet jaysus, sounds like that would be movie of the year! :D
    Can it star Freddie Prinz Jr? if it can i'm there!

• Advertisement

There better be a sarcastic fat kid in the film who ends up scoring with a seven-pinter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It is both crazy and insane, have yourself committed immediately. If they won't take you in just kill someone and bring them the head as proof your nuts.

Just incase you are actually a fruit loop don't kill anyone that's bad. Unless your a soldier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Can it star Freddie Prinz Jr? if it can i'm there!

and the geeky girl can be Evan Rachel Wood

and the geeky girl can be Evan Rachel Wood

Wow what a result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

carrig2007 wrote: »
    Is it unhealthy and insane for a 17 year old to be hung up on a girl he is crazily in love with, even though she doesnt even slightly feel the same way bout him??

I had the same problem with fas girl when I was 28. :( The wake up call came when I cut a hole in the bus stop, rode it and burnt my flute on the flourescent bulb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

There better be a sarcastic fat kid in the film who ends up scoring with a seven-pinter
    And a cocky blonde preppy.

And some bad cheerleaders.

OP-This is teenage kicks.
    It'll pass.

Love is reciprocal.

One way is an obessesion which isn;'t good feelings anyway

If you're going to make a film about young love, why not be a little more controversial and have Dakota Fanning in it. Chris Cooper is a hardened alcoholic geography teacher who falls in love with one of his young students. Her father is played by Bill Cosby, who is a hardened crack addict maths teacher who falls in love with Chris Cooper. Then Brian Dennehy, the janitor, gets AIDS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Ah 17, I would not go back to being a teenager if you paid me!
    Sure it's unhealthy but it's perfectly normal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

aCA wrote: »

Why? This is AH after all, did you think you were in PI? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

man it is only wrong if you get caught stalking her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

If you're going to make a film about young love, why not be a little more controversial and have Dakota Fanning in it. Chris Cooper is a hardened alcoholic geography teacher who falls in love with one of his young students. Her father is played by Bill Cosby, who is a hardened crack addict maths teacher who falls in love with Chris Cooper. Then Brian Dennehy, the janitor, gets AIDS

who then passes the AIDS on to his secret lover, Dakota Fanning, and it all becomes a mad vicious circle.thats 2 films worthy of film in the year that have been thought up by the members of AH.i think we should all be very proud

kev_s88 wrote: »
    who then passes the AIDS on to his secret lover, Dakota Fanning, and it all becomes a mad vicious circle.thats 2 films worthy of film in the year that have been thought up by the members of AH.i think we should all be very proud

Put in Zombie Nuns!

There must be Zombie Nuns!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

kev_s88 wrote: »

Really, the first could be made into as many movies as we caould think up cheesy names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭aCA

Zzippy wrote: »
    Why? This is AH after all, did you think you were in PI? ;)

You are right Zzippy, I thought it was in PI, didnt realise it was AH untill after I posted. I live in fear of the PI police.

Being in love hurts. As Dr. Phil said on the show about vaginal disorders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

OP if you want some real answers post this in Personal Issues under the Soc category

-_- its normal by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

jsb wrote: »
    man it is only wrong if you get caught stalking her
    Or if they find her body.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

maybe give it a bit of time, be a friend to her

in three or four years time if nothing has happened between the two of you then you should try and move on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

eolhc wrote: »
    maybe give it a bit of time, be a friend to her

in three or four years time if nothing has happened between the two of you then you should try and move on

Solid bit of advice but you'll need a quickfix in the meantime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Solid bit of advice but you'll need a quickfix in the meantime.

her sister,best friend or mother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

How many 17 year olds fall in love at that age ? it's in the hormones but by the time he/she reaches 21 they might have fallen (or stalked after ) in love 5 or 6 more times .But is it real love ? Some 17 year olds actually end up marrying their childhood sweethearts but are in the minority .I think it's cute if after going through the whole spctrum of dating over a period of years from 17 that you somhow drift back to being with the girl whos pig tail you pulled at school :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I met my husband when I was 15... We are now married...

It might work out....

And before you start, I am not a traveller and the marraige was not arranged....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Another bunny-boiler, or her name's Carrie, or both:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

And a cocky blonde preppy.

Love is reciprocal.

+1. It's only really love if they feel the same way back (or something at all)

Tis perfectly normal to be crazy about someone at that age. As LadyJ says I'm glad I'm not 17. You're feelings are heightened cos they're new and strange. You're not used to feeling like that.

I suggest you:

1) Tell her you're crazy about her in a non-stalker, scary way.
    2) Don't tell her and move on.

Your choice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭hairyfish

I was insanely inlove with myself at least twice a day if not more when i was 17....

:-\

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Quality wrote: »

It might work out....

And before you start, I am not a traveller and the marraige was not arranged....

sorry but i nearly fell off my chair laughing at the last bit!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

**** is your friend.

In my day, we had the the scourge of dial up (not a right hands best friend), count yourself lucky son.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I suggest alcohol, party and go snag yourself a drunk girl :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Quality wrote: »

This was the "Quality" part for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I suggest alcohol, party and go snag yourself a drunk girl :)

Misread that as "go shag yourself a drunk girl"... but I guess that'd work too...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Elessar

I was in love at 17. Never did anything about it. Was horrible. I don't think I'll ever be over it.

Moral of the story is kill yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Elessar wrote: »
    Moral of the story is kill yourself.

Or not, this is why the voices on the internet should be listened to even less often than the ones in your head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Yeah pretty much.

Im guessing this is you or a son/daughter or close friend? Well it can be very bad for some people. One of my best mates back when we were that age was obsessed about this girl we hung around with. She was unreal(10/10 stuff) but she had no interest whatsoever in this guy(He wasn't a George Clooney so to speak ;) ). He bought her Christmas/bday presents & even asked her to his Debs.

Anyway as time went by one of the lads from the group started to see this girl as they both really liked eachother. My best mate was devasted over it, he hit the drink & drugs really hard and was even suicidal. Hes fine now but that period ruined alot of his friendships with people. Anyway, hope this helps.

I have some advice for you mate:

Chloroform is your friend.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 nixion

:) I THINK LOVE IS LOVE AND IT DOESNT MATTER THE AGE. SO THIS GUY IS IN IT. ITS VERY O.K. WITH TIME HE WILL KNOW HOW TO CONTROL HIMSELF WHEN IT COMES TO SUCH ISSUES

Advertisement