Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good QFA and a good pension.

Options
  • 14-01-2008 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

hi,

i'm no expert in the world of personal finance and i'm doing an overlook of my banking.

Can anyone tell me where to get a list of Qualified Financial Advisors in my area online. I went to that board of QFA site, but it does'nt do a list by region etc.

I seek a pension advisor and want to get the right pension and not be bamboozled by anyone. Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

You could have a look at www.piba.ie and www.iba.ie although some of theirs seems out of date . However tread with caution. Just because someone or their company is a member of a particular association or is an authorised advisor doesn't necessarily mean that they are better than an multi agent or tied agent or non member of an an association. Similarly a bank advisor is not necessarily better or worse than a broker. Personally I would try and get a recommendation and make contact with that firm and have a chat. Build up your knowledge and talk to a couple. Don't be confined to location as it could be worth your while to travel. Also build up your own knowledge at www.itsyourmoney.ie. Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

broker2008 wrote: »
    You could have a look at www.piba.ie and www.iba.ie although some of theirs seems out of date . However tread with caution. Just because someone or their company is a member of a particular association or is an authorised advisor doesn't necessarily mean that they are better than an multi agent or tied agent or non member of an an association. Similarly a bank advisor is not necessarily better or worse than a broker. Personally I would try and get a recommendation and make contact with that firm and have a chat. Build up your knowledge and talk to a couple. Don't be confined to location as it could be worth your while to travel. Also build up your own knowledge at www.itsyourmoney.ie. Good luck

Thanks.............nice one.

Advertisement