Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West End Theatre Tickets

Options
  • 14-01-2008 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

I've been looking at a few websites and tickets for shows look really expensive. Is there anywhere to get them cheaper, like the tks booths in New York?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

Just back from London this evening, we went to a matinee on Saturday of 'We will rock you', was really, really good!!!
    Got our tickets from the 'tkts' discount theatre tickets booth at Leicester Square, quite easy to find.
    Ours cost about £25 each, including booking fee and we had really good seats.
    You might have to queue though, we went at 11am on the Saturday and were waiting for about 30mins, but it was worth it!
    Check out: www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/tkts

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

Perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

No problem, enjoy your trip and show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

TKTS won't have tickets for every show though, so you might have to go to one of the commercial ones, like the Leicester square Box office or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

wet-paint wrote: »
    TKTS won't have tickets for every show though, so you might have to go to one of the commercial ones, like the Leicester square Box office or something.

They're usually pretty bad value though.

Tkts is the only sure fire place for cheap tickets but you've got to thee early if you want any sort of choice and even then the biggest shows are probably going to be sold out.

If you're in London and stuck for tickets I'd advise going to the venue of the show you want to see and buy tickets from their box office rather than the many unofficial shops around Leicter Square.

If you want to book well in advance you can get most shows from £15 or so on ticketmaster.co.uk The £15 seats aren't the best available obviously but if you want to see a show cheap its your best option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

check out the London discounts on www.broadwaybox.com

Pre-bookable discount tickets!! No queues on the days of shows. Lastminute.com often have special offers too BUT unlike when you get a discount code on broadwaybox (and then use if on ticketmaster etc), lastminute acts as a broker and you book the seat with them. They don't reveal the seat location though they do reveal ticket value. I've had some dodgy seats with them lately so would caution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

In London this past weekend and went to see Avenue Q at the Noel Coward Theatre.

This was an amazing show and a full house gave a standing ovation at the end - it was superb!

As for booking tickets I used lastminute.com and found them to be excellent value. Tickets were £35 instead of £50 for a saturday night which was superb and despite other boardsies telling tales of poor seats we had mid row stalls which were excellent!

Also got a dinner deal at the Fire and Stone restaurant in Covent Garden which had a pizza and glass of Prosecco for £8 a saving of over £7 on the menu price. This was an excellent restaurant so overall have to say it worked out well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mikekingpin

I've been looking at a few websites and tickets for shows look really expensive. Is there anywhere to get them cheaper, like the tks booths in New York?

Try http://www.westendtheatrebreaks.com ?

Or just use google, you can usually find cheaper tickets online.

Just avoid the ticket touts, as they tend to rip you off... and you may not even end up buying 'real' tickets!

Recently some ticktets for the west end were faked! - Apparantly its the first time in the history of the West End that this has happened, I personally hope it will be the last!

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I doubt very much it was the first time tickets for the West End were faked. Plenty of tix I've seen touted around Leicester Square look dodgy to me!

Advertisement