Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New fast/economical diesel in July?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

right so I'm a little confused - So how much Co2 does a bog standard 2.0 Tdi (140) put out and how much is it going to cost someone in a years tax, I picked the above direct from the sticky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

right so I'm a little confused - So how much Co2 does a bog standard 2.0 Tdi (140) put out and how much is it going to cost someone in a years tax, I picked the above direct from the sticky.

You must have made a typo with the Audi mate, it definitely is what I said earlier for the 170 version. The TDI 140 is 148 for a manual, and 151 for the S-tronic. The 325i does 170 g/km, as opposed to the 325d which does 155 g/km. The diesels I mentioned just there are 20% VRT and €290 road tax. The petrol BMW is 24% VRT and €430 road tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

E92 wrote: »
    ASS can be turned off maidhc. The thing is if it couldn't be turned off we'd have people complaining that it will wear out the starter much faster, and then when it can be turned off people complain again because it has an "unfair advantage". People can't have it both ways.
    Hold on. The Prius and the Civic IMA/Hybrid don't use the starter motor to restart the engine. They use the hybrid motor, which is frictionless and considerably more powerful. And it can't be turned off in either car, like it can in the BMW.

I too am starting to get seriously worried about you E92, as you are blindly following BMW's half assed hybrid technology while dissing true hybrid technology, the like of which Honda and Toyota have.

Imagine if in the morning Toyota and Honda decided to make all their cars half hybrids, like BMW have, and decided to make that little hybrid bit user optional.

(cat & pigeons)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

And your stance JHMEG is eerily close to Honda's, at least I can criticise BMW, unlike you who in my nearly 11 months membership here, have yet to see you say anything negative about Honda. No wait, I tell a lie. You did criticise your Integra's lack of cupholders once.

You have said before that you only think hybrids are good for small cars. Coincidentally Honda thinks the same thing. Cat? Pidegons? Blindly following? :D

BMW have uprated their starter motor to deal with ASS. Hybrids can turn off the petrol engine(if only for a mile). So you have the option to have your hybrid in higher polluting mode too. I know ASS in a hybrid is a different story, so comparisons with ED are not relevant, other than to say that ASS doesn't work at low temperatures in a hybrid. And as I demonstrated yesterday, without ASS, ED can cut emissions dramatically(actually yesterdays example got a more dramatic cut without ASS), so arguing about the extra emissions because ASS can be turned off is nit picking in the extreme really, especially as BMW won the Gruenes Lenkrad or the Green Steering wheel for EfficientDynamics.

Advertisement