Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Window Explorer?

• 14-01-2008 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

I didn't know to post this in Computer Health or here. Feel free to move it.

Anyways, Recently I have been having a serious problems with windows explorer. I noticed when was I was moving music and video files to different folders.

It basically says windows explorer has encountered a serious problem and need to close.

I done a system restore, but Im still getting them same thing

Also sometimes when I'm told to close Windows Explorer it also tells me to close dr watson postmortem debugger, have no idea what it is

Can anyone help me?

I can't navigate my computer at all over this problem.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

run hardware diags /check the drive with hddtune
    check for malware / viruses

if both clean then a reinstall may be an option - but which version of windows - dr watson should list which app crashed , does it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I just ran HD Tune. No problems.

Just ran a virus scan, nothing.

I should had mentioned when that it only happens when im navigating my external HDD.

As for the Dr. Watson thing, im not sure as that only happend once and i just ignored it and closed it.

I will reinstall windows if it's my last resort but I'm hoping i don't have to do that.

Thanks for your help.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

creggy wrote: »
    I should had mentioned when that it only happens when im navigating my external HDD.
    Forget the windows install then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

So I did reinstall windows and now it's grand...

Advertisement