Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being John Banville

Options
  • 14-01-2008 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭

An interesting programme on TV tomorrow (jan 15th) on RTE at 10.15pm. A docu-film about him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Heh heh, I can just imagine...
    "Dear Diary,
    Got up. Was miserable. Started writing modern classic. Went out with a big grumpy head on me. Managed to be polite to everyone I spoke to, but only barely. Got home, was miserable some more, finished writing modern classic. Put thesaurus away, went to bed. Fell asleep frowning.
    Yours in sulks,
    John xx"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Ha ha rain on. :D
    It wasn't that bad, actually I like the guy. Surprisingly upbeat about life, plus he nailed Mc Ewan on that god awful book " Saturday". " The Sea " is a favourite of mine. Beautifully written. Has anyone read any of the Benjamin Black books?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

He looks like a right uptight ****ehawk but to hear him talk he was quite funny and interesting,his looks are woefully decieving,seems sound enough,read "the book of evidence",very good book

Advertisement