Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Future of the 360

• 14-01-2008 6:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

Will the PS3 eventually take over?

Theres still great stuff to come on the 360 and alot of games I'm yet to play like
    Orange box, Dead Rising, Bioshock...

I just get the feeling that inevitably in 2 years time there will be more people with PS3s

:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

armour87 wrote: »
    I just get the feeling that inevitably in 2 years time there will be more people with PS3s

:(

Eh, care to explain why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Not so sure that this will happen, could do though I suppose. That being said you can guarantee there'll be plenty of talk of the next xbox (the 360 has been out for over 2 years now - can you believe it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

Eh, care to explain why?

sure didnt you know, the PS3 is better in the future and will last longer. This time 2 years it will be brilliant!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Im basing it simply on the fact that the masses went for the ps1 and 2 in the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Isnt the 360 still outselling the PS3 week-on-week?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭-annex-

eoin2nc wrote: »
    Isnt the 360 still outselling the PS3 week-on-week?

It is in the US anyway. By a wide margin at that. No exact figures here but I think it's a bit of a closer race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

-annex- wrote: »
    It is in the US anyway. By a wide margin at that. No exact figures here but I think it's a bit of a closer race.

Yes it is closer here, but I dont see the PS3 catching the 360 in sales, which is why i wondering where the OP got this idea of the 360 failing?

Edit
    Worldwide sales figures
    Xbox 360: 15.7 million, as of January 3, 2008[16]
    Wii: 13.17 million, as of September 30, 2007[14]
    PlayStation 3: 9.1 million, as of January 13th, 2008[17]

From wikipedia

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

the ps3 will probably win here just because every unwashed idiot child knows the playstation and wants fifa.

I as a PS3 fan I see them more or less even. The onlything I have against the 360 is the failure rate. If I had the the spare cash I might buy one but the chances of geting the red rings are too high. And to be honest there is nothing on the 360 that I personally want to play thats not on the PS3 or comong to the PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Have both tbh. Only way to experience both goods and bads of either console. :D

Personally, I play my 360 waaay more.

Pro's

excellent online service

better selection of games

multiplatform games run better on 360

better controller

much better interface

Con's

noisy as ****, renders the ad on hddvd drive I bought pointless, cause the console is so ****ing noisy

reliability issues

no hdmi on older models

smaller hard drive

no built in wifi/hd disc playback

PS3

Pro's

much more reliable hardware

built in blu ray

built in wifi

larger hard drive

no noise, so I buy most movies on blu ray

Con's
    not as many good games

terrible controller

horrible interface

poor quality online service (even if it is free)

Anyway, sure there's more stuff I could think of. But back to main point of thread.

IMHO, in a couple of years, if not less, the ps3 will prolly have bigger marketshare than 360 in Ireland anyway. Many generations of kids where brought up on the playstation brand in our humble, noob infested country :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Considering Microsoft where so late entering the console market I think they've done damn well.... So many have failed, I think nintendo are safe cause nobodys doing what they do... Microsoft n Sony are very similar so its gonna be interesting to see how it pans out. Me, I had a PS3... Sold it as I was using my 360 way more. I will eventually get another PS3(when GT HD comes out).... After that i'll just be waiting for the Xbox 720.. ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I as a PS3 fan I see them more or less even. The onlything I have against the 360 is the failure rate. If I had the the spare cash I might buy one but the chances of geting the red rings are too high. And to be honest there is nothing on the 360 that I personally want to play thats not on the PS3 or comong to the PS3.
    Not really an issue if you buy a new one.... they've sorted out the overheating problems

EDIT: Self confessed fanboy - be careful, don't go into a dark thread late at night on your own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

I have a 360 for the last 2 years and I still love it. I cant get enought time to play all the games I even want to there are so many good titles. Saying that I think they ruined Gotham Racking 4.

I figure XBOX360 and PS3 will probably sell in equal measure. Depends on the games and MS seem to be winning hands down at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I agree with Grumpy

I also own both and basically the way I see things going is that the Xbox is my games machine (unless RROD!!!!!:mad: for months at a time) and the PS is basically my Blu-ray movie player

Unless some exclusive games come to PS I would early always get XBOX version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I'm not so sure about the ps3 overtaking the 360 as many people have said.As i saw it, back in 2002 when xbox was launched, it struck a chord with more "mature" gamers while the ps2 attracted an audience of all ages.However when the 360 was launched early some of these ps2 owners tryed out and bought a 360(me included by the way).Finally the ps3 is launched over a year later but nintendo is back in the fray and attracting gamers of all ages, especially children.So the ps3 has no definate customer base but the strength of the "playstation" name itself.Basically it no longer has the market to itself so succes is not guaranteed.Anyway, i'm sure that microsoft would have anticipated this threat from the ps3 in the future so their not going to rest on their laurels. I'm guessin microsoft will throw everything they've got to sever the ps3's "big hitter" games, e.g killzone2, GT5 etc....So i see plenty of microsoft first party games still to come......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

U mention Killzone 2 as a big hitter but is it just me or was the first one rubbish? U left out MGS4 which will be a big seller, also GTAIV despite being on the 360 will still sell alot of ps3's

Has the 360 peaked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Hey guys I noticed this online and then saw that you guys were talking about MGS4
    http://digg.com/playstation/Konami_officially_quashes_MGS4_on_Xbox_360_claim

Im not sure if the source is reliable i just thought that I should post it as it said MGS4 would not be out on the 360.

Don't get me wrong I really do want to see MGS4 on the 360 as I have'nt played a Metal Gear game since the original verison on the PS1.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Evolute wrote: »
    Hey guys I noticed this online and then saw that you guys were talking about MGS4
    http://digg.com/playstation/Konami_officially_quashes_MGS4_on_Xbox_360_claim

Im not sure if the source is reliable i just thought that I should post it as it said MGS4 would not be out on the 360.

Don't get me wrong I really do want to see MGS4 on the 360 as I have'nt played a Metal Gear game since the original verison on the PS1.:D

If its just a timed exclusive they'd say that anyway. I couldn't care less though tbh, never enjoyed the MGS games, just like I'm not a big fan of the Splinter Cell games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The way I see things going is that people are going to have both machines (plus the atari jaguar). People have more and more disposable income and can readily afford to buy both. And as mentioned above, I'd say that the 360 will be more of a games console, while the PS3 is the Blu-Ray player.

Oh, and the Wii will be introduced into schools to replace P.E. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

It's unusual to see this in the Xbox forum. Normally the posters in PS forum go for the 'mine's better than your's' thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

silvine wrote: »
    It's unusual to see this in the Xbox forum. Normally the posters in PS forum go for the 'mine's better than your's' thread.

You usually get that in AH :D

Advertisement