Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free HL2 for PC

Options
  • 14-01-2008 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

I've got Half Life 2 and Half Life 2:Episode 1 to give away as gifts as I got the orange box.
    If you would like these please PM me your email address or add me as your friend on Steam [b.ie]DiRt... and I'll send them.
    Again it's for the PC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I also have HL2 to give away. Let me know if yea want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

pm sent to Buadhach. I don't need HL2 but am looking for EP1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

I have HL2 also and now have the Orange Box for 360.

Is the HL2 for PC copy of use to anyone seeing as it would be tied to my STEAM account ? or is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You can't give that away then, the "gifting" feature on Steam is if you bought Orange Box for PC but had HL2 / ep1 already. If you bought it for 360 that doesn't apply.

I also have a spare HL2 (not ep1, already gave that away) but judging by the other thread so does everyone else ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,239 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

koneko wrote: »
    Talk nerdy to me

is that a weighted companion cube in your pocket or are you just happy to see me holding a piece of cake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

koneko wrote: »
    You can't give that away then, the "gifting" feature on Steam is if you bought Orange Box for PC but had HL2 / ep1 already. If you bought it for 360 that doesn't apply.

I also have a spare HL2 (not ep1, already gave that away) but judging by the other thread so does everyone else ;)

So even the HL2 physical copy (not steam bought) DVD is of no use to anyone but me ? Except as collectors item ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Overheal wrote: »
    is that a weighted companion cube in your pocket or are you just happy to see me holding a piece of cake?

But...
    the cake is a lie!

brianon, pretty much yeah, the key is tied into your Steam account. I suppose you could in theory sell that whole Steam account (Valve say that isn't allowed though, but still).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

quarryman wrote: »
    pm sent to Buadhach. I don't need HL2 but am looking for EP1.

I already pmed him,try pming tusky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Buadhach

I sent the games to cedomination as he PM'd first. Enjoy.:D

I had this mail on the Half Life board for a while and got no reply. Just in case anyone else is looking. I'm sure there are a few unused gifts out there. You could ask there.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,962 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wouldn't mind a copy myself if anyone is feeling generous. :) Bought a high spec pc just before it was released and never bothered with it in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

brianon wrote: »
    Is the HL2 for PC copy of use to anyone seeing as it would be tied to my STEAM account ? or is it ?

You would have to get the CD Key reset before giving it away - info on how to do that can be found here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

I'm getting the orange box soon, so will have half life 2/ep1 to give away some time in the next week- 2 weeks.

Will post back when I have it :)

Advertisement