Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems connecting to Wireless Broadband.

• 14-01-2008 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

My provider of Wireless Broadband is Omnitel.

PC 1 Dell Dimension 4600
    Windows XP Professional. Once upon a time had Norton Internet Security on it. Since replaced with AVG Free Edition. This will connect using the settings from provider.

PC 2 Dell Dimension E520
    Windows XP Professional. Will not connect very often. In the off chance it may have had something to do with the Dell Installation of McAfee Security Centre, I have uninstalled that today, and installed avast free.

At the Command prompt, have tried various pings
    100% return on both PC's when pinging my antenna
    100% return on both PC's when pinging the Default gateway

But when I try pinging www.google.ie on PC 2. it won't recognise the name. However on PC 1, I get a reply from 216.239.59.147

Any suggestions for what I can do to fix PC 2

Both PC's were connected directly to the POE for testing to prevent any router issues cropping up.

EDIT 19:29
    Now PC 2 is working. But no guarantee that it will stay working. So it is some problem with PC 2 that happens randomly

EDIT 10:32 15/01
    This morning PC 2 won't work again and PC 1 working okay

Advertisement