Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite pubs/clubs

Options
  • 14-01-2008 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Where's good for a lady to go in Dublin? Where's pretty and has nice cocktails and cute guys?

Let the suggestions flow... :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

"The dragon" in tallaght village.

Quality spot.

If you don't get in there, try the jobstown inn ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Cafe En Seine is a personal fave, purdiness...Samsara nearby is nice and girlie too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

I'd say McSorelys in Ranelagh or recently I've gone to the Market Bar again, pretty good crowd in there.

Last time I was in Samsara, I stood out like a sore thumb. Spot the pastey white irish guy. Even the lads had fake tan on :p

I'd say McSorelys in Ranelagh or recently I've gone to the Market Bar again, pretty good crowd in there.

Last time I was in Samsara, I stood out like a sore thumb. Spot the pastey white irish guy. Even the lads had fake tan on :p

Ha ha...well she did ask for girlie suggestions!

Oh yeah the Market Bar, good spot, haven't been there in ages.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

SW81 wrote: »
    Where's good for a lady to go in Dublin? Where's pretty and has nice cocktails and cute guys?

Let the suggestions flow... :D

well i often drink in messers in town,
    Lotts is also a nice spot. :D

• Advertisement

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Ha ha...well she did ask for girlie suggestions!
    Touche Madam!
    Oh Winters in Dundrum (ok its a little outa town) does nice cocktails

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

If you want cocktails try capitol on georges street, cant remember the prices now, think it might be €5 before midnight & a huge selection. always been crazily busy anytime ive gone at the weekends though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

sar84 wrote: »
    If you want cocktails try capitol on georges street, cant remember the prices now, think it might be €5 before midnight & a huge selection. always been crazily busy anytime ive gone at the weekends though.

+1 for Capitol, if you go in straight after work you'll get seats, great cocktails!!

sar84 wrote: »

Oh yeah, was in there on Saturday night. Full of ladies with their €5 cocktails.....ya hear that boys? Full of girls! Drunk girls! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Oh yeah the Market Bar, good spot, haven't been there in ages.

It's a nice place... but unfortunately smells heavily of fish.

Makes me feel ill...

• Advertisement

Makes me feel ill...
    I don't remember that last week, although I had a cold :( What if it smelt of Monkey, would you like it then????
    Why don't you all go on a large one cocktail in each bar, pub crawl and find out which one is the nicest.....now there is thinking :p

I don't remember that last week, although I had a cold :( What if it smelt of Monkey, would you like it then????

Duh... like you have to ask?

They seem to be known for their sea food though... I found the smell quite over powering... but I do have an allergy...

EDIT: Oh and the Lotts just off Liffey street does some nice Pina Coladas...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Makes me feel ill...

That building where the Market Bar is used to be an abattoir. The smell of fish is most likely coming from the Asia Market which backs on to the Market Bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

Grand central on O Connell Street, good atmosphere and good food and cocktails :)
    Always busy though so sometimes difficult to get a seat.

Gyalist wrote: »
    That building where the Market Bar is used to be an abattoir. .

REALLY?? Oh my God I never knew that! Eurgh....don't think I want to go there now, the thought of it (I'm a big animal loving veggie freak), that's put me completely off it!

Never noticed the smell though...

Doyles??? Kinda central?

ClareB I thought you woulda said Coppers by now.
    Smiths in Ranelagh is another one for me,(hot guys there) Its my local :p
    Hairy Lemon and the School House are also nice pubs but not cocktail pubs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

I like Hogans, Keogh's, Cafe en Seine (dont for the life of me know why) and The Port House for some yummy wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I don't want to lower the tone....

but.....

Hows about...

..... quinns?!!!

HA see you thought I was going to say coppers didn't ye, PYSCH!!!:D

SarahSassy we like the same places. I think myself and Cafe En Seine just need to get married at this stage but it's just so purdy and girlie and lovely. Really like the layout.

And yes, it's true, I now heart Coppers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Crap just re-read orig post, No hotties in Quinns, though my friend does class cocktails :)

Q bars got brill music, r'n'b:D Guys quite young in there though...

Cafe En Seines good for dancing and cocktails - but the guys in there wear more hair gel than I do!

Capitol rocks:D oh and I'm a new advocate of diceys :)

G86 wrote: »
    I'm a new advocate of diceys :)
    Thats on Harcourt St same side as Coppers????? been in there cpl of times I actually like it. Might have to make another trip sometime

G86 wrote: »
    Crap just re-read orig post, No hotties in Quinns, though my friend does class cocktails :)

Q bars got brill music, r'n'b:D Guys quite young in there though...

Cafe En Seines good for dancing and cocktails - but the guys in there wear more hair gel than I do!

Capitol rocks:D oh and I'm a new advocate of diceys :)

Oh yeah, loving Diceys now! A lot! Forgot about that. If you think Q Bar is young then I'd be an old Granny in there!

Diceys has a brilliant beer garden.. almost makes me wish I was a smoker.

Diceys has a brilliant beer garden.. almost makes me wish I was a smoker.
    Like this :p
    Yeah think Ill be giving Diceys a visit this wkend.

Like this :p
    Yeah think Ill be giving Diceys a visit this wkend.

Pfft... that's not a monkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Where is Diceys? I've heard alot about it lately. is it a pub with a late bar or what?

I do like Cafe En Seine, i haven't been in there much and when I have i've been driving so I look forward to sampling their cocktails. I'm heading out with my friends into town this weekend so I might suggest it. Late bar aswell??

Ah you gotta love a bita Coppers!!

Coppers: I remember I got taken there for the afters of a date before :eek:

There was a place at home (Navan) that did 3 cocktails for €5 between 8.30 - 9.30 on a saturday, it was fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

traffic do nice cocktails. and i think thursdays or something they do a two for one on cocktails.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Coppers: I remember I got taken there for the afters of a date before :eek:

ah ha ha ha!! it was probably so he could blame giving your bum a few gropes on the pervy guys in there ha ha!!

Advertisement