Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite pubs/clubs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

G86 wrote: »
    Q bars got brill music, r'n'b:D Guys quite young in there though...

havent been to q bar since i was about 19 & even then i was starting to feel a bit too old!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

sar84 wrote: »
    havent been to q bar since i was about 19 & even then i was starting to feel a bit too old!

It was called The Harp when I was a teenager... it was pretty horrible but easy to get in to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

ah ha ha ha!! it was probably so he could blame giving your bum a few gropes on the pervy guys in there ha ha!!
    What you mean HE :D . Thats why I'm ashamed it was a girl who brought me there :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

What you mean HE :D . Thats why I'm ashamed it was a girl who brought me there :p

Well you are in the Ladies Lounge.. :P

Oh my, that's hilarious!!

I take it she's no longer on the scene then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

qbar is, imo, just dreadful. crap music, and just full of sleazebags.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm not so much a fan of q bar..

i had one dreadful night in there, some really hammered guy dancing, his arms were all over the place andmy face was in his aim of fire.. not fun!!

Then gt pinned up against the bar by 3 guys one each side and one behind me.... with my boyfriend less than 4 metres away. eeeuurrrgghhhh!! the amount of sleazy guys in there that night!!

Q Bar is also horribly expensive i find

Well you are in the Ladies Lounge.. :P
    Oh my, that's hilarious!!
    I take it she's no longer on the scene then :P
    Not on a dating lvl anyway :p
    I never liked Q Bar, just something about it, been in Messers a cpl of times, its an ok bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

capitol is great, can't go wrong with €5 cocktails until 11:30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Q bars got brill music, r'n'b:D Guys quite young in there though...

Ugh Q bar utter hole - avoid
    Capitol rocks:D oh and I'm a new advocate of diceys :)

capitol bar is great but get there early otherwise its jammers, market bar is really close and Dragon is just across the street [yes thats a gay bar but fab decor, good cocktails and the best dancing] For late night on Saturdays head to the gaiety theatre, its a club on those nights with several different rooms of music over three floors or is it four.....

Yep... the Dragon is good fun... Never liked it when was Sosume though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

AKA, Cocoon, Renards, I also like cafe en seine..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'll have another vote for Cafe en Seine and Capitol. That's where I'd meet people for drinks. i also like The Bailey off Dawson Sreet (beside M and S). That's great for a girly catch up.

For nights out (although they're haven't been many recently) We tend to head to the odeon or D2.

Q bar is awful. I haven't been in years but it's so overpriced and yes, full of young people. Also, i agree that you get danced in to corners by sleazy guys.

I'm trying to think of somewhere to have a leaving party before NZ. Anyone know of anywhere you can book an area on a Saturday night and maybe get a platter or two of food? I've been thinking kiely's in Donnybrook but I think somewhere in town might be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

watna wrote: »
    I'm trying to think of somewhere to have a leaving party before NZ. Anyone know of anywhere you can book an area on a Saturday night and maybe get a platter or two of food? I've been thinking kiely's in Donnybrook but I think somewhere in town might be better.

Hehe snap! People in work have been asking the venue of my going away and I just can't decide. Need either a nice pub with a nightclub near by (to get people herded in quickly to avoid stragglers!) or a nice late bar with somewhere to dance. Love hairy lemon but nowhere nearby I like to go afterwards. Decisions decisions!!

Oh and Q-bar is ick, haven't been there in years and judging by the people queuing up to get in every weekend the average age is 16!

Capitol is nice and cheap for good cocktails. They also have good cocktails in Solas, don't think they're cheap though. They've won awards for their cocktails I think! Keoghs and Anseo are cosy bars but no cocktails!! Have to check out Diceys too, I've heard people raving about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Dicey's could actually be good for a going away party. You can reserve areas and get food. Then you can go to D2 or the odeon afterwards..... hmm could be a leaving party option!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

I'll have another vote for Cafe en Seine and Capitol. That's where I'd meet people for drinks. i also like The Bailey off Dawson Sreet (beside M and S). That's great for a girly catch up.

For nights out (although they're haven't been many recently) We tend to head to the odeon or D2.

Q bar is awful. I haven't been in years but it's so overpriced and yes, full of young people. Also, i agree that you get danced in to corners by sleazy guys.

You can book an area in cafe en seine and arrange food platters for under €100. Last time we did it we a got a great spot - corner as u come up the 1st stairs (across from bar and loo :))

Have loadsa fav bars but harder to find somewhere 4 a bop. Capital great 4 a few cheap cocktails to get ya in the mood. Then onto Dragon for another 1 or 2 - place is always kicking but unless ya like a challenge go elsewhere 4 boys (great eye candy though!!)

Chilled out drinks / dates - the Bailey / the Clarendon / Cafe en seine (early) / Samsara
    Late night drinks - Reynards - €5 in and open till 3.30am
    Cheesy night dancing - Howl at the Moon / cafe en seine
    Solas great bar too - more for chats than dancing
    Diceys - always good on a Friday - after work crowd in great form
    Odeon ok for a few but can get boring after too long :rolleyes:
    Village very hit & miss - can be a bit sweaty at times

Q Bar is an underage disco - and jeez those boys don't get out much!!

And finally my all time fav - and the place that all classy birds should be grateful to be brought (did someone say they were brought there 4 afters on a date - lucky girl!!) - COPPERS!!! Unrivaled it has to be said - ha ha. Dont worry G86 will have yee all converted!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Dicey's could actually be good for a going away party. You can reserve areas and get food. Then you can go to D2 or the odeon afterwards..... hmm could be a leaving party option!

Interesting ... I don't like D2 though and odeon I think people will get scattered (or is it the gaeity that has all the diff rooms? I always mix them up!) It's also a bit too close to crawdaddy (I know some of my friends would want to go there!) which I'd never choose as a going away venue cos again everyone scatters into the diff rooms and smoking areas. Also the music wouldn't be some people's cup of tea! Sorry for thread highjacking OP!

But watna of course I shall allow you to have your own party in Diceys ;)

I think I've been to D2 once or twice... found it to be a bit aggressive and the floor is super sticky.

The dancefloor is also super tiny!!

D2 is always packed, in saying that i've never had a bad night in there. I'd pick it over somehere like Q bar anyday

Ugh... i dislike 21 alot!!! I think i may have finally convinced my friends to stop going there...i feel OLD in there and i'm 21!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Whelans ftw. great music, great crowd, no poncey wannabeseeners. favourite pub in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

D2's a bit poncy for my liking though,

I love the music in Q bar and I like going for a drink and a chat upstairs there before headin on elsewhere. That said, I'm 21 and I feel old in there at times :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Solus Great but expensice cocktails
    The George Bernard Shaw (full of cute bohemian types)
    Capitol for cheap yet not so great cocktails
    Cafe En Seine/Ron Blacks etc etc for hot rich d4 types
    Jack Nealons for a cosy fire and an excellent cocktail menu
    The Palace for attempting to play pool after Solas has thrown me out and nowhere else will take me.
    Oh and Whelans and the village for a boogie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Yep... the Dragon is good fun... Never liked it when was Sosume though.

The Dragon in Tallaght village has always been The Dragon!

Is there another pretender to the throne for Dublin's bogey-est bar??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

tallaght01 wrote: »

The deputy mayor in finglas is pretty bogey...

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0114/dublin.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

hahahaha "The deputy mayor"... brilliant name for a pub.

I once had an old patient in Glasgow who was "allowed" be a regular at a pub called the flying horse. He claims he had to fight 5 men to be allowed a seat at the bar. He had a cracking scar on his arm, which he said was the result of a bottle being used in one of the fights.

He was about 80, and was telling me this as if it was the most normal thing in the world :p

There was a Bar called SoSuMe on Georges St, I have to say I liked it when it 1st opened, later it kinda went down hill. Its now the Dragon (i think could be a gay bar) I don't know, I haven't been in it for ages, although i did pass by it over the holidays and looked good crack. So thats where confusion is Mr Tallaght01.

Yep... The Dragon on George's street is definitely a gay bar. But it is good fun even if you're not gay.

Has 4 Dame Lane been mentioned yet? I like that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Cafe En Seine- BEAUTIFUL MEN
    Diceys - OKAY LADS
    Ron Blacks- MEN!
    Samsara- pubcrawl between En Seine and Ron Blacks
    Also Harvey Nicks in Dundrum for the best coctails in town

It also depends on what age you are.... when deciding where to end up in

South side all the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Yep... The Dragon on George's street is definitely a gay bar. But it is good fun even if you're not gay.

Has 4 Dame Lane been mentioned yet? I like that place.

Aye been there a few times, it's nice, just never made a regular thing of it, don't know why. So much to choose from though, I always end up going to the same places these days, probably just a comfort/habit thing more than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ah now that is easy. the odean for everything. it's up on hardcourt st. the luas stops right outside it. for more causual drinks i would say messers on the quays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

"The dragon" in tallaght village.

Quality spot.

If you don't get in there, try the jobstown inn ;)

Hehehehehehe.....

Advertisement