Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Rumble Pool (May contain spoilers)

• 14-01-2008 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

It was a bit of fun the last 2 years, so I thought why not do it again?

For those that are new it works like this: we get thirty participants (if out of a lack of numbers we can have 15 participants with each participant getting 2 wrestlers or if we are only a little short the first that say there in, might get 2 but we'll see how it goes) from the board, and each participant is assigned a number. You are represented by the wrestler that comes out to that number. For example, if you get #7, and the seventh entrant in the Rumble is William Regal, that's your guy. And if Regal wins the Rumble, you are the big winner.

How to enter: just respond to this thread saying something to the effect "I'll participate."

As for deciding the draw, I'm willing to do the draw in a week or so and post the results on the board.

Winner gets the respect and love of all the wrestling board posters (and possibly the cheapest wrestling related item on ebay I can find!)

We only have 30 spots and 3 are already filled:

Me
    Rebel Rock Chick
    Fozzy (as mod, I'm assuming he's in but if not he can let me know)

So join now!~!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

I'll definitely participate. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

I'll participate.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Sign me up guys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Count me in for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I'm in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

ich bin in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I'll participate.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Count me in too (just to clarify though we dont actually have to do anything, you'll draw us numbers and then we hope for luck?)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

im in. hope to win again this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Count me in too (just to clarify though we dont actually have to do anything, you'll draw us numbers and then we hope for luck?)

I'll do the draw. You only had to do 1 thing to enter and you just did it.

• Advertisement

I'm in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

sure go on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

I'll participate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I'm in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Ah yeah, I'm in. There was never a shortage of numbers before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Count me in too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I'll participate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

First the ATH title, and now the Rumble. I'm on the road to world domination.

(em yeah, count me in.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I'm in too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Count me in too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Count me in as well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ya me 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭The Arbiter

Count me in too please...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Count me in as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i'll give it a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭scaramanga

ya go on sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

i'm in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Damn it. Too late. :(

Terry wrote: »
    Damn it. Too late. :(

Sorry we're at 30. Apologies to any of the other people who usually post that missed out.

I'll have the draw up by the weekend.

I'm just gonna troll and get someone banned.
    Can I get in if it works?

Terry wrote: »
    I'm just gonna troll and get someone banned.
    Can I get in if it works?

Sure.

Sure.
    Sweet.
    BTW, Ruu, your favourite wrestler sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

that's gotta be the quickest bunch of replies i've ever seen, 30 in 2 hours......dammit, my study is getting in the way of all the good things lately!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Dammit, too late!

And to think, my poor old grandmother is lying in a hospital bed, barely holding on to life, and I missed this because I was up visiting her, and she told me that the one thing she wants to see before she goes is me to win a wrestling-based internet pool, and then she can pass on in peace.

Oh well, better go tell her the bad news........

If someone else wanted to make another one up for the people that missed out, you'd get another 30 I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

balls :(

Sounds like a good idea, I'll start a second thread and see if I can get enough people. Anyone who is interested and didn't get to this one in time just head on over there!

Then have the two winners face off at the WM main event

• Advertisement

By the way if anyone has any wrestling related prizes (the cheaper and cheesier the better) they'd like to offer up, PM me.

Otherwise Fozzy just PM'ed me saying he would take the winner out for an all expenses paid meal. Just kidding!~!

But seriously, if anyone does have anything, PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

The second pool - The TNA of Rumble pools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

For FUCK sake! I'm really pissed off I missed this. I was thinking earlier it was about time we saw this thread pop up again.

Minto wrote: »
    For FUCK sake! I'm really pissed off I missed this. I was thinking earlier it was about time we saw this thread pop up again.

dont worry there is a gay 2nd version of it doing the rounds. and now i dont mean gay in a derogitory way cos whats wrong with being gay, i just mean that all the people in that thread suck balls. (in your face MNG:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

dont worry there is a gay 2nd version of it doing the rounds. and now i dont mean gay in a derogitory way cos whats wrong with being gay, i just mean that all the people in that thread suck balls. (in your face MNG:D)

Wow controversial. Very brave from your uber-ghey thread!:) We are the cool kids sitting down at the back of the bus wearing HBK shirts to your nerdy kids sitting at the front wearing John Cena action t-shirts shouting "you can't see me"

Let the war of the threads erupt!

At least us over on the other thread can count, with the three people entered in the first post the people who entered in the twenty ninth and thirtieth post here haven't got spaces. Don't worry though, we will welcome them over on the other thread with open arms!

woooo232 wrote: »
    Wow controversial. Very brave from your uber-ghey thread!:) We are the cool kids sitting down at the back of the bus wearing HBK shirts to your nerdy kids sitting at the front wearing John Cena action t-shirts shouting "you can't see me"

Let the war of the threads erupt!

hmm i feel a banning coming on (for me, as ive been drinking and someone has asked for a thread war) so ill leave this alone though considering how few of you guys there are in thread 2 id consider you guys more aptly fitting the special kids that have their own bus boards.ie's very own eugenes.

orestes wrote: »
    At least us over on the other thread can count, with the three people entered in the first post the people who entered in the twenty ninth and thirtieth post here haven't got spaces. Don't worry though, we will welcome them over on the other thread with open arms!

But there were two posts by myself and Vince so those last two people are included. I'll correct the name of the other thread, "pool" seems to attract people faster than "poll"!

D'oh! See, this is why I shouldn't try to be a smart arse, I always end up with considerably more arse than smart. And evidently can't spell either, cheers for fixing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭scaramanga

orestes wrote: »
    wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement