Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Rumble Pool (May contain spoilers)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I'm getting a WCW vibe from the forums tonight. I never watched WCW much, but didn't they do 3 simultaneous 30 man battle royals at the World War 3 PPV?

As for the dissing going on in this thread about the second and may I add REAL rumble pool, I feel a bit of a promo coming on.....
    Ya see Mean Gene, the people on this thread think they have the upper hand, well I assure you the upper hand is located at the end of my right arm.

....I guess it wasn't much of a promo, but whatever.
    110112nd_coming0001000001
    0PW-Pod110101cast01000011
    1012808jan1010010100101001
    00broken101the10code011001
    10111100YET?0010101010110

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah Minto you're right. There's a whiff of WCW off this thread. Our pool is where the attitude's at. ;)

I'd respond to Bounty Hunter's diss but to do so would be like booing at the Special Olympics. A bit unfair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Wonder if anyone form Pool one will jump ships.

Maybe Pool 2 will put a much better prize on offer, in an attempt to lure the established stars of Pool one over to the southern wrasslin dubya c dubya promotion that is Pool 2...................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Yeah Minto you're right. There's a whiff of WCW off this thread. Our pool is where the attitude's at. ;)

yeah WCW circa June 1996 :D Nash and Hall have just arrived and everybody is talking about this thread

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wonder if anyone form Pool one will jump ships.

Maybe Pool 2 will put a much better prize on offer, in an attempt to lure the established stars of Pool one over to the southern wrasslin dubya c dubya promotion that is Pool 2...................

Well tbh i dont no how anyone can beat last years prize of a signed heindenrich picture :):) which is still have somewhere .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Well tbh i dont no how anyone can beat last years prize of a signed heindenrich picture :):) which is still have somewhere .

It won't be beaten. I seriously have nothing silly to give away this year. If anybody has anything, pm me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

the southern wrasslin dubya c dubya promotion that is Pool 2...................
    There's a whiff of WCW off this thread. Our pool is where the attitude's at.

so are we WCW or are you guys? you pool 2 guys are a bit confused it seems, though to me TNA suits you much more as you seem a lot more concerned with the goings on here than in your imitation thread:p.

MNG I also wont respond to your diss by dissing back (and I wont follow that by doing so anyway) i only mentioned you in my response cos of your pussies comment plus i was drunk:D and thread weirdness has since ensued.

Hey BH, just to clarify, i'm a Pool 1 guy, always have been. I only work for the Fed that's run by Vince(135792003).

WCW or TNA, both were/are promotions for Rednicks, and both were/are a shambles, so it would appear that either are an appropriate reference for Pool 2.

sorry to tar you with that brush Charlie, but thanks for clarifying that they are all rednecks in pool 2. fun fun fun

• Advertisement

I only work for the Fed that's run by Vince.

Indeed you do charlie - Vince Russo. This thread is exactly like WCW - attracting so-called 'big names' but in reality they're past it. ;)

Fozzy is just like Hogan - mad with power. You jabronis don't stand a chance in here. You know he's going over in this one. :D

Pool 2 is where the opportunity is. We declare war on you D-X style!

Indeed you do charlie - Vince Russo. This thread is exactly like WCW - attracting so-called 'big names' but in reality they're past it. ;)

Fozzy is just like Hogan - mad with power. You jabronis don't stand a chance in here. You know he's going over in this one. :D

Sit down son, you don't want to mess with the big boys, trust me.

Classic WCW, ya bunch of rednecks. Rehashing a gimmick that is 10 years old and way past its sell by date. Actually you come across more like the desperate VKM gimmick that was being pimped in that other Redneck promotion, TNA.

Why don't you see if Billionaire Ted will let you blow him for a shot at the title.

(cue the sound of a mic being dropped and entrance music being played)

Sit down son, you don't mess to play with the big boys, trust me.

Classic WCW, ya bunch of rednecks, rehashing a gimmick that is 10 years old and way past its sell by date. Actually you come across more like the desperate VKM gimmick that was being pimped in that other Redneck promotion TNA.

Why don't see you if Billionaire Ted will let you blow him for a shot at the title.

(cue the sound of a mic being dropped and entrance music being played)

Nah where we are it's like a family just like in WWE. You guys are just waiting to stab each other in the back WCW-style.

I suggest you and that Scott Hall-like drunkard Bounty Hunter get off the sauce and ditch these losers in Pool 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Jrad

Im up for the repo man!

As a treat (punishment) to those taking part in this pool:

-Khali meets Johnny B Good: http://www.angrymarks.com/music/songs/lk-Khali%20B%20Good.mp3

-Jake the snake, giving us some sound advice on gambling/games in general (just click and listen): http://www.angrymarks.com/music/songs/eric-JakeTheGamblerRoberts1.mp3

- Mike Tenay singing "Leader, to the BACK:
    http://www.angrymarks.com/music/songs/eric-Leader%20Of%20To%20The%20Back.mp3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Us in pool 2 push the cruiserweights y'know.....

• Advertisement

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Us in pool 2 push the cruiserweights y'know.....

definatley not WWE then, chico

"Kick him when he's down, he's easier to reach." -- Scott Hall

We declare war on you D-X style!

And if your not down with that, we got two words for ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

So is Vince135792003 really Eric bischoff, because if he his im scared really scared, cant wait to find out who ive got , thin ill even waste 10mins of my life cutting a promo on how im going to win the Royal rumble #1 or The Main Event Royal Rumble !.

The Royal Rumble #2 is TNA, backyard wrestling at its worst, or smackdown to our Raw :)

Thank Minto ! , ok your not TNA :)

smackdown to are Raw

Shouldn't that be "our"? Sorry, I normally wouldn't even bother to correct this, but if your gonna compare the pool I am in to TNA, your getting personal. TNA is a load of horse shit!

So is Vince135792003 really Eric bischoff, because if he his im scared really scared

No I'm Ronan Collins without the charisma which you'll soon find out. The draw has been recorded (yep sad things like this happen when you have nothing better to do!).

I'll stick it up on yousendit in the evening. It's around 4 minutes long with a 1 minute of Khali at the end singing. So you can either listen to it or I'll post the names and numbers up when I get a chance (or else someone else can do it before me).

• Advertisement

Here's the draw: http://download.yousendit.com/C640F6C42E78CD25

Never done something like this before and probably won't ever again so I hope it sounds ok. It may take 5-10 seconds to kick in too. Also for whatever reason, I called out each number and person twice each time I made a draw. I'm not entirely sure why but I did.

Anyway if you like watching the Lotto and always wish they would draw out more numbers, this is the 4 minute clip for you, with a bit of Final Countdown and Khail thrown in at the end.

If not, the numbers will be posted up in plenty of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

got 13 , not disappointed , would have liked 19-25, but hopefully i get huntar ! or hornswaggle. Promo to come ! :), Cheers for the audio draw, the music in the background was a nice touch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Whohoo!! Got my number (22). Nicely done Vince :)

BTW, it's deMAN, not DEman.

Like Ric Flair would say "to be deman, you've gotta beat deman!"

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

No 23, I'm happy with that!

Cheers for doing that Vince, much appreciated. It sorts the pools from the fools, oh yeah! Let's see if the lame pool produce something like this. If ye do, then it will just be a cheap copy, ala TNA. Also, ours had the greatest song ever written as a back up track so there is no way that can be beaten :)

nicely done Vince. No.9 for me, not exactley a likely winning number but who know plus its the number I wore during both my Rugby and Soccer days so good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

24 - I could be in with a shout this year :)

Double C has offered up a nice prize which will be REVEALED next week once everything else has been finalised.

If anybody has any other wrestling related stuff that they'd like to offer up, by all means PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Lucky number 7!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

definatley not WWE then, chico

"Kick him when he's down, he's easier to reach." -- Scott Hall

Haha, I didn't know we were WWE.

And don't call me chico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Here's the draw: http://download.yousendit.com/C640F6C42E78CD25

Never done something like this before and probably won't ever again so I hope it sounds ok. It may take 5-10 seconds to kick in too. Also for whatever reason, I called out each number and person twice each time I made a draw. I'm not entirely sure why but I did.

Anyway if you like watching the Lotto and always wish they would draw out more numbers, this is the 4 minute clip for you, with a bit of Final Countdown and Khail thrown in at the end.

If not, the numbers will be posted up in plenty of time.

Haha classic it sounds like one of those old school FA Cup draws! My favourite bit was when you repeated your own entry number twice just in case you hadn't got it the first time... Good job!:)

Oh btw did you do the Khali drop by yourslef or just rip ot off from the figure four board?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Number 14 for yours truly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Haha, nice work Vince! Number 12 for me, I'm feelin lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

16, not to bad.

Royal Rumble match winner and (Winner's entry #)

Hacksaw" Jim Duggan (13)

Big John Studd (27)

Hulk Hogan (25)

Hulk Hogan (24)

Ric Flair (3)

Yokozuna (27)

Bret Hart (27) + Lex Luger (23)

Shawn Michaels (1)

Shawn Michaels (18)

Stone Cold Steve Austin (5)

Stone Cold Steve Austin (24)

Mr. McMahon (2)

The Rock (24)

Stone Cold Steve Austin (27)

Triple H (22)

Brock Lesnar (29)

Chris Benoit (1)

Batista (28)

Rey Mysterio (2)

The Undertaker (30)

woooo232 wrote: »
    Haha classic it sounds like one of those old school FA Cup draws! My favourite bit was when you repeated your own entry number twice just in case you hadn't got it the first time... Good job!:)

Oh btw did you do the Khali drop by yourslef or just rip ot off from the figure four board?

I got the Khali from the drop board at www.angrymarks.com There's lots more. And yeah, the calling the thing out twice must have been from watching either the lotto or draws for the FA cup.

The draw for our pool can still be accessed at : http://download.yousendit.com/C640F6C42E78CD25

Or I'll put the list up in plenty of time someday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Nicely done, uimhir a do for me *shivers*. Will be interesting. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Feck, I missed it. I'm up for whoever gets the MIZ!

Fozzy wrote: »
    Haha, nice work Vince! Number 12 for me, I'm feelin lucky

and did you here what he called you "Emperor and ruler of the board".... now thats catchy, you should have that instead of moderator below your name.

and did you here what he called you "Emperor and ruler of the board".... now thats catchy, you should have that instead of moderator below your name.

Haha, yeah. Maybe I could buy a subscription to Boards with whatever I win here and then get it changed!

Fozzy wrote: »
    Haha, yeah. Maybe I could buy a subscription to Boards with whatever I win here and then get it changed!

Next time I'll insert some reverent, holy music when your name pops out of the draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Fozzy rules for not banning me when I tried some mod stuff on tihs board after he posed a question on the mod forum.
    Can't remember what it was, but what I posted was probably bannable.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

28 could be a good one unless i get someone crap

Terry wrote: »
    Fozzy rules for not banning me when I tried some mod stuff on tihs board after he posed a question on the mod forum.
    Can't remember what it was, but what I posted was probably bannable.

You reported it, it was ok :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭scaramanga

as long as hhh comes out no 11 ill be happy;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Yes, Number 20 and this years Royal Rumble winner....The Undertaker,....... or possibly Kane. Either way 20 is my lucky number!:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Got number 6 and given a mention that I was following in the footsteps of Chyna.....which I'm told was meant in a good way lol

• Advertisement

and given a mention that I was following in the footsteps of Chyna.....which I'm told was meant in a good way lol

And it was meant in a good way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Got number 6 and given a mention that I was following in the footsteps of Chyna.....which I'm told was meant in a good way lol

Id like to challange you too a fight for your spot...seeing as im not in the pool :mad:

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Id like to challange you too a fight for your spot...seeing as im not in the pool :mad:

lol, how the hell would that work??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

lol, how the hell would that work??

You both have a diva pillow fight but instead of fighting you both just jump up and down on a ridiculously oversized bed and whoever jumps higher wins. Seems to work for RAW!:)

woooo232 wrote: »
    You both have a diva pillow fight but instead of fighting you both just jump up and down on a ridiculously oversized bed and whoever jumps higher wins. Seems to work for RAW!:)

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement