Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing WoW Key Online

Options
  • 14-01-2008 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Is there a site where you can purchase a WoW key online for Europe?

Alternatively, does anyone know if Tesco's stock the game? They do up north but was looking to upgrade tonight if possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Dont think tesco's stock it, I do know you can buy a keycode online and they mail it to you in about 15 mins or so, cant remember the place tho sorry :mad:

However, why not just pay for a subscription on your CC it's like 7-8quid dearer and you get the extra month out of it?

+ if you're upgrading to TBC dont you get a free month again (dont quote me on this been so long since i bought it can't remember what it comes packed with these days)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭quinta

Would gladly pay for the subscription but there appears to be no way to do it from the site. Only possibly with the US release apparently.

https://www.wow-europe.com/login/

that brings you to your account login, once logged in go to subscription and set one up, simple as.

However I don't know if paid time on an account thats not tbc works? as in does your subscription transfer over to your new upgraded account?

Thanks Sunzz, but for the normal Wow game this doesn't work, they've removed the ability to upgrade from a trial acccount this way for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭calis

you need to actually purchase the game from a retailer to upgrade to BC. so in order to get BC working you need a working key code from a boxed version of BC. there are several blue posts about this on the wow forums and as they say at this time they have no intention of making BC activatable from downlaod for the foreseeable future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

I've purchased a key online from Randy's Run - worked brilliantly ....... biught key, created account - downloaded installer ..... job done. Also, they charge less than buying the damn game in the first place!!!!!!

:::: ven0mous ::::

Ah sorry I was mis-understanding you, I dont think you can upgrade from normal wow to the BC via online, you need to purchase the game then install it and use the upgrade acc option..

Can anyone tell quinta if you do get a free month when you purchase TBC?

After you have BC installed though use the link i gave you to enable your 3 month subscription.

Also It's stocked in every gamestop around the country and they sell the 2 month cards in there also for 27.99 think TBC is as little as 30euro in there now?

Anyway hope this helped and best of luck.

Thanks guys, I got sorted out but another helpful boardsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

so is this possible then?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

you dont get the free 30 days when you buy tbc no, as far as i can see anyway..i only got free 30 days when i bought both of them..not 60 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

I been playing Vanilla WoW for a long while now. I only just upgraded to BC last week. I didnt get a free month after the upgrade while i did get my first month free when i bought WoW originally.

Advertisement