Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamers realm closed?

Options
  • 14-01-2008 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

is gamers realm in the cornstore closed?
    i went in last week and again today closed both times, also there was a for sale sign in the shop window.
    can anyone confirm its closed or whats up

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Its gone for about a year dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Steyr wrote: »

thats strange cause i was in there in october/november

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Gamer's Realm is still open. The hours did change, which has something to do with the owner looking to sell, but it's still there.

I would miss it terribly if it were to close, it's probably the best place to get RPG books this side of the country. And the Magic players would probably start a riot or something...

nice one!
    i was there today just after 5, so i hope its just that he closed early or is closing earlier, will try during the day instead

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

:confused: I'm pretty sure I walked past it last Saturday afternoon and there were two bored looking guys rolling dice around a table.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There's also a new place in the Eyre Square center, selling models, mostly W:40K. Always dead when I walk past it, can't see it lasting long.

whereabouts in the centre? are u sure ur not thinking of that comic shop downstairs?

Well if one can mistake massive Space Marines displays in the window, 40K posters everywhere, not to mention a sign over the shop saying 'Model moon'....yes, yes, it probably is the comic store. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

HavoK wrote: »
    There's also a new place in the Eyre Square center, selling models, mostly W:40K. Always dead when I walk past it, can't see it lasting long.

Thats because it's basically a front.

I wandered in there once with a friend and the guy didnt try to sell us anything. He was telling us about theri main store.

The main store is out somewhere else (I forget where) but from what the guy said to me, I got the impression that the store in Eyre Square exists purely to funnel people out to the other store.

The guy had a stack of map flyers showing us where it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Sorry i was thinking of somewhere else, Ya GR is open in the Cornstore.

• Advertisement

Scared me there for a scond. It's bad enough I have to travel for three hours roundtrip to get my models and RPG books, but if Gamers Realm closed it would be the best part of a six hour journey there and back again.

Isn't there a big for lease sign up though?

ya found that modelmoon place but alas its closed down, but GR was open :)

skelliser wrote: »
    ya found that modelmoon place but alas its closed down, but GR was open :)

Already? Yikes. Was only open a few weeks/month...

HavoK wrote: »
    Already? Yikes. Was only open a few weeks/month...

ya its kinda annoying that i didnt hear about it earlier, was it just warhammer or was there proper models aswell?

Hardly surprising. That line of section of the Eyre Square centre is cursed or something, there must be a new business opening there monthly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Magic: The fagg0ting

ya its kinda annoying that i didnt hear about it earlier, was it just warhammer or was there proper models aswell?

Only in there once for a quick look, can't remember, mostly Warhammer 40K but some other stuff, just can't remember what it was, the funny thing was that for a shop that size, it felt completely empty....all the stuff on one side, this massive space in the middle...

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Good stuff place was full of weirdo's....products of parents who had sex while on acid....end up with weirdo kids

THey do have a main store where they sell much more stuff. They also run gaming nights and warhammer battles etc.

I've never been there myself but I've heard of it.

It's somewhere called Liosban or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Sarky wrote: »
    Hardly surprising. That line of section of the Eyre Square centre is cursed or something, there must be a new business opening there monthly.
    I think its gravity working against them. Coming in, its just easier to keep walking downhill, and going out, you are leaving anyway.
    Sarky wrote: »
    I would miss it terribly if it were to close, it's probably the best place to get RPG books this side of the country.
    There are absoloutely astonishing amounts of free RPGs online anyway...

I was in there yesterday and got talking to the clerk.

From what I gather, it appears the store is for sale as a going concern but the store is to remain open.

COuld be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

You are correct.

The store will be closing down in 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

do they sell warcraft books? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

They've closed. Everything half price on the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Weidii wrote: »
    They've closed. Everything half price on the last week.

Wha?, damn my sources are terrible :(

so are they closed or closing in 2 weeks time?

Still open Fridays and Saturdays as of now.

Sorry to dig this up but is it still open?

We were passing it today and it claimed to be open from 12-6 on Friday and was nt open at 3. We saw the postman putting letters in and he said it was still supposedly open according to the Cornmarket maintenance worker but had irregular opening times.

Wouldn't mind swinging by for some last purchases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Noble Korhedron

Apologies for the threadomancy, but I just wondered when GR finally closed...?

Advertisement