Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good smoothie maker

• 14-01-2008 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone a decent and cheap enough smoothie maker?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I have a magic bullet (sound kinky I know :rolleyes:) I use for smoothies. It was E49 in Dunnes and its excellent. I mainly use it for smoothies, but I have used it to grind coffee beans, chop onions, make salsa, etc.

The main reason I like it is that its really neat (smaller then most smoothie makers) and if your lazy like me, it comes with actual cups that you use to make your smoothie, that you can drink out of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Dinkie wrote: »

The main reason I like it is that its really neat (smaller then most smoothie makers) and if your lazy like me, it comes with actual cups that you use to make your smoothie, that you can drink out of.

Damn Right! :D

Thats for the recommendation I go in and have a look.;)

I think it is best to get a glass jug blender.
    Plastic absorbs smells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭O7Pat

Anybody know if the magic bullets are any good? They are currently €49.95 in Dunnes - is this a good price.

I mainly want someit to chop onions and garlic for sauces as I find it a pain. Think the one in Dunnes have extra gizmo for juicing?

Don't want to end up with another gadget at back of press that I don't use.

Thank for any advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's ok, but the seals do have a habit of coming loose and getting chopped into your food after a bit.

The idea is great, and when it works, it works..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭maradona10

can anyone recommend a smoothie/juicer combo machine. ive seen the magic bullet recommended for smoothies but im not sure if this would double as a juicer. i want to get a reliable, reasonably priced machine.

thanks in advance

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Merged.

Good luck with the search :)

Advertisement