Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Home Plus 2Mb Always On (anygood)

Options
  • 14-01-2008 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Im looking to get this, because I have exhausted every other wireless option in Harolds Cross (No Signal).

Getting any other comapany to connect through a landline will take another 2 months.

Is it anygood for torrents and such?

Browsing ok?

Can you check download limit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭limerick_woody

HI,
    I recently got this package, after moving from Vodafone's 3G package. The difference is obvious - in my experience at least, it is always on and consistently fast, not something i could say about Vodafone. Download speeds via torrents can approach 200K which is about right for a 2M package. Browsing is fine but it does tend to slow down a bit in the evening, but there is nothing unusual about that, and i have yet to find it unusable.

Hope this helps

S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I have Eircom 2MB and I am very happy with it. As cfennell said I can also get speeds of up to 200k on direct downloads. I also use a lot of torrents and speeds are good. You can check your downloads on the Eircom support website and Eircom are flexible with limits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cfennelll

Thanks for the responses; I thought the package would get slated.

Doesn’t sound too bad now.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

yeah i have it and i cant say i've had any problems with it

• Registered Users Posts: 7 connokra

i have the 2MB one and my connection is constantly at 512kbps, sometimes goes up to about 1300kbps but only for an hour or two. stupid eircom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

222534249.png
    i get that download speed most of the time but the upload does be between 120-250kbs

Advertisement