Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Limited??

Options
  • 14-01-2008 8:38pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Folks, I have a 9meg connection and up until about 2 months ago it was running sweet. Now it seems that its Limited, my P2P apps, video streaming etc are all really really slow. On www.speedtest.net right now its getting 8meg so trying to watch clips online should not be a prblem but its a joke. I have contacted the ISP who have not gotten back to me about the problem and when I saw him in person he told me he would sort it as long as I email him my IP address, I emailed it to him and I am getting max 20kbps on torrents.
    What can I do about it??

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Have you tried downloading something with a load of seeders like a linux iso?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

YUP. 7000+ seeders on 1 item I have been downloading and its still downloading 2 months later, its an ISO of Ubuntu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

jonny24ie wrote: »
    YUP. 7000+ seeders on 1 item I have been downloading and its still downloading 2 months later, its an ISO of Ubuntu.
    :rolleyes:Guess you got your answer, they're throttling your torrents, or else have blocked them completely.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Is there any way of getting them to sort it out for me, I signed a contract with no download limits and no cap yet I am being throttled big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Is there any way of getting them to sort it out for me, I signed a contract with no download limits and no cap yet I am being throttled big time.

Nope, if you read the small print i'm sure there is a fair usage policy. Isp's hate p2p as it hogs a network & leaves ports open.

• Advertisement

Fair usage policy applies alright but I would barely get 5 gig a month downloaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 marsrover

who is your isp ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭leche solara

marsrover wrote: »
    who is your isp ?

DOH!!! Look at his speedtest image.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

marsrover wrote: »
    who is your isp ?

casey cable dungarven, co waterford

Nope its Crossan Cable in Longford, i think they buy from casey cable.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Caseys don't throttle ( in Dungarvan) that I ever heard of .

Advertisement