Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car alarm question (Sigma, Clifford)

Options
  • 14-01-2008 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a Sigma car alarm (worth about 300-350 euro), not sure of the exact model name, but it has the keypad thing for inputing the pin (if you don't, your car will start but eventually turn off making lots of noise).

I was just wondering, if those alarms are good.

Was thinking about investing in a bit more expensive Clifford alarm with proximity sensors. Are gadgets like proximity sensors handy and do freaking joy riders know, that cars with cliffords on board are not worth the hassle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭valdigre

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

Cliffords are all about visuals, the silver stickers, the flashing LED in blue with the brand on it and then the proximity stuff which is cool but annoying whenever someone innocently walks past your car - you can set the sensitivity on them though. Blackjax is another feature of them which is wired into the ignition and the car will just die after a few seconds or it won't start at all even with the car's key being used. I had one in a MKV GTI, would I get one again? Dunno.. They are ridiculously loud though so I would challenge any thief to stick around with that much attention going on!

Advertisement