Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Registration Cert

Options
  • 14-01-2008 9:09pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I moved house 3 months ago. I forgot to change my address on the cert until 2 months ago when the tax was due on the car. I changed my address online when applying for the car tax. No problem the tax turned up within a few days.

Now the problem. Made a deal to sell the car today. The plan was to finalize and transfer ownership tomorrow. I went to get the registration cert and it's got the old address on it. Unsure if motor tax office sent me out a new cert. If they did i can't find it. I've checked everywhere.

Question: Is changing your address online an official way of changing your address or should i have also sent in the old cert?

Confused :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you need to send the cert AFAIK.

Here's the thing...
    I've applied for a duplicate cert before, then found the original, then done a change of ownership on the original. change went through no problem.....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I rang the buyer and updated him on whats happening. I'll contact shannon in the morning and take it from there. If it is the last cert they sent me i'll just submit that with the buyers information. Have proof of address for both places. so the buyer is happy.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I rang the VRO office in shannon. The Cert must be returned before they will issue a new cert. Changing address online will let you get you tax sent to new address.

Advertisement