Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

applying for a second undergraduate course?

Options
  • 14-01-2008 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Please feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place. I just found out the criteria for a course i was hoping to apply to next year as a mature student has changed, to include the proviso of at least 2 years work experience in the field. As I was hoping to start this course next year, would it be possible to reapply as an undergraduate through the CAO, take my chances, and pay the fees? I've tried emailing the admissions office of the institute in question, but they have yet to get back to me.
    Thanks,
    Jess

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Have you already applied through the CAO this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

No I hadn't, cause I haven't the fees saved yet. (nearly all but not quite :o). Since I'd be giving up a full time job to go back to school for at least 5 years I thought if I had those years fees saved, other expenses could be taken care of by other means without me having to panic about the biggies each Sept. The proviso for the two years experience is applicable to admissions from this year though, so it may not have made a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭jc7

Contact Mature Student Officer in the college to which you wish to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

maybe if you applied through CAO and have enough points from your LC, and get the course in August you could just defer it for a year and then work for the year knowing you have the place and it would give you time to save the money, if the mature student route doesn't work

Closing date for CAO : Feb 1st
    Late application up until April 15th I think, expcept for restricted entry courses with interviews, portfolios etc

Advertisement