Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8meg broadband douglas area soon

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I think you will find it is speeds of up to 8mb rather than 8mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Sounds great...BUT...I am in Douglas and tried for a 2 meg connection with BT....the line could only handle 1 meg so I guess it wont make any difference to me..feck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

sounds great in theory, but I'd say alot of Douglas will fail to get anything higher than 3/4mbit. In some of the newer estates where the cabling is a little bit fresher, I'm sure BT customers will be doing backflips.

Nice to see a trial being conducted outside the greater Dublin area for once...

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

I have 4 meg connection at the moment in Douglas,and as soon as I see that the exchange is enabled I will be looking for the free upgrade!!;)

• Advertisement

daveirl wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

hmmm...i am confused now.

BT told me I am on the Douglas exchange but I am more Rochestown than Douglas really. I assumed this meant there isn't actually an exchange in Rochestown but I just saw on the IrelandOfflineForum that there is indeed a Rochestown exchange. Bugger...I am probably on that and it will not be upgraded.

If I am on the Douglas exchange, I am way too far from it to get more than 1meg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

As a Douglas man this would interest me except that now I'm in Sydney I have a 24mb line :D

JohnK wrote: »
    As a Douglas man this would interest me except that now I'm in Sydney I have a 24mb line :D

Someone ban that man for being a complete show-off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Ludo wrote: »
    Someone ban that man for being a complete show-off :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D

49758.jpg

Advertisement