Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mass Effect on seXBox!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I'm currently about 5 hours in. Ive just driven the tank to the outpost in the snowy place and am currently manually putting the reactor back online.

Have I missed the sex !!?!? :( I remember the blue girl in the citadel saying she would buy me a drink but the last I saw of her she was arresting her boss.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Not a whole lot further through myself I think, but I don't think we missed the action yet. The nearest I've got to anything romantic so far was the female marine getting all flirtatious when we went and had a look at the view across the citadel. I think I then must have said something wrong as she seemd to start ignoring me after that though.

Clearly need more practice at chatting up wimins in video games. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The misinformed lady from the Fox News slot has got her book comments spammed and ratings seriously damaged on Amazon, with quotes like:

"I never read the book, don't know who she is, and don't really care what she's writing about."

"If she does have as much "research" as she does for her tv spots you can expect a book full of complete lies at best. Take everything she writes with a huge grain of salt or better yet save your money."

"Trying to encourage sexual acts in a book made available to young children is unacceptable."

(Courtesy of Kotaku)
    Her Book on Amazon (her other books got spammed too).

Hell hath no fury like a woman gamer scorned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

EA aren't too happy about this and fired off an angry letter to Fox. I'd post the link but it was on Kotaku which is blocked in work (damn you!).

Since they own Bioware now they're none too happy about all the blatant lies surrounding the game, and asked Fox to retract what they said and correct their errors. For once I can side with EA ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Kotaku Article: http://kotaku.com/348187/ea-calls-fox-out-on-insulting-mass-effect-inaccuracies

The letter from EA to Fox:
    The resulting coverage was insulting to the men and women who spent years creating a game which is acclaimed by critics for its high creative standards. As video games continue to take audiences away from television, we expect to see more TV news stories warning parents about the corrupting influence of interactive entertainment. But this represents a new level of recklessness.

Do you watch the Fox Network? Do you watch Family Guy? Have you ever seen The OC? Do you think the sexual situations in Mass Effect are any more graphic than scenes routinely aired on those shows? Do you honestly believe that young people have more exposure to Mass Effect than to those prime time shows?

This isn't a legal threat; it's an appeal to your sense of fairness. We're asking FNC to correct the record on Mass Effect.

Sincerely,

Jeff Brown
    Vice President of Communications
    Electronic Arts, Inc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Mr E wrote: »
    Her Book on Amazon (her other books got spammed too).

The Barnes & Noble page for her book, which is linked from her own website, is strangely empty of any reviews though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I love that EA are on to them about it. Too often, the game developers/publishers do nothing and its silly because its their name being dragged through the mud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

There was more sex in Peter Griffins Side Boob Hour.

Aired by Fox oddly enough :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

koneko wrote: »
    If you go female Shep then you can only do Kaiden or Liara, Ashley (super-Christian) won't go lesbian.

Arrrgh!!! I'm playing as a female Shep and thought that i'd heard somewhere before that there was a hullabaloo about being able do go lesbo. Kaiden started putting the moves on my Shep as well. I felt dirty and the need for a cold shower with a brillo pad to clean myself.

Who knew a 'puter game could help reinforce your sexuality!
    Though it seems i like dressing like a woman.
    Or maybe i'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body.
    I'm confuesd now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I didnt realise that you could get some alien love wit the Asari Consort. She's the reason i got dirty down by the fire with Liara, rather then Ashley. Gonna have to goback and be a totaly bastard to her on the next play through.

And the Liara scene was pretty damn cool. You'll know it when it happens. Shame you have to wait till almost the last level before seeing it though.

• Advertisement

Scruff wrote: »
    Arrrgh!!! I'm playing as a female Shep and thought that i'd heard somewhere before that there was a hullabaloo about being able do go lesbo.
    That was Singapore that banned it becasue of the girl-on-girl action. They then changed their mind though. Clicky
    robinph wrote: »
    The Barnes & Noble page for her book, which is linked from her own website, is strangely empty of any reviews though?
    That page seems to have noe been fixed since yesterday with lots of new reveiws added. :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wow... my IQ actually dropped watching that FoxNews piece.

DeV.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

DeVore wrote: »
    Wow... my IQ actually dropped watching that FoxNews piece.

DeV.
    Lol, Same here, What I find funny is one lady goes "Well if dadies out the kid can play the game" but before that in the program microsofts statement said that there are parential controls which allow parents to decide what their kids can play, total rubbish news article from fox "news" lol

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

http://www.destructoid.com/fox-psychologist-admits-she-was-wrong-check-the-skies-for-flying-pigs-66917.phtml

This is not how its supposed to happen she... she... admited she was wrong o_O

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    http://www.destructoid.com/fox-psychologist-admits-she-was-wrong-check-the-skies-for-flying-pigs-66917.phtml

This is not how its supposed to happen she... she... admited she was wrong o_O
    Lol, I think she realised that her actions hurt her amazon book sales :D . Silly woman though, going live on air to complain about a game she never played! People are spamming up her amazon book space giving neg reviews having not read the book but I can see the logic there!

Nick

Advertisement