Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

best/worst make car in ireland

Options
  • 14-01-2008 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Just randomly wondering what are people's top three best make of car and the top three worst!!!:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

define best;

do you mean:
    most reliable
    best value for money
    best looking
    best build quality

it's all subjective, everyones idea of a good or bad car differs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭moomoo2007

Well let me CLARIFY a little better for you, i guess the best quality build and most reliable and most reputable car versus the opposite least reliable etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Best:
    Bugatti
    Ferrari
    Aston Martin

Worst:
    Daewoo / Chevrolet
    Kia
    Opel

IMO anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

I'd say Honda, Lexus, Subaru at the summit, although the German Fanboys might beg to differ.

At the other end of the table, Renault and eh ..........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Well i find Japs in general very reliable ,as are the Germans.

Well i'll throw one into the Hat. Having driven a company van for 2 years i've changed jobs and i got a car from a family member:

Relaible:

1995 Nissan Primera 1.6 - 180,000 Miles, Original Clutch / Clutch Cable, Gearbox and engine. Excellent runner.

on the sh1t list:

FIAT Punto, Stilo (Headlight bulbs are a c*nt to change). Opel Corsa B (Owned one , cheap feel, rattly gearboxes in them). Daewoo Lanos (Self Explanitory)

• Advertisement

Hmm never heard of a bugatti thats a first?!?!

my top best toyota
    audi
    nissan

worst fiat
    citroen
    peugot

Heard that hondas are like a piece of tin if involved in a crash. but yep fiats live up to their fix it again tommorow name eh :rolleyes:
    Loving the audi a3 classy car hmm my next vroom vroom if i can afford one:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Best - Ford -every car in their range drives really well.Great value & relability.
    - Alfa Romeo -Even if they drove like VW's I would still love them.
    - Mazda - Because they build the mx5.

Worst - VW - The second most over rated cars built. Name one that
    is top of its class.
    - Audi- The most over rated cars made. VW's in frocks.
    - Opel- Snore.

Ah no madza piece of crap they have to on worst list, what type of madza?? I dont know much about VW but anyone i know hasnt had any trouble with them golf bora etc. And come on audi how are they overated :D there most solid car on road imo.

moomoo2007 wrote: »
    Ah no madza piece of crap they have to on worst list, what type of madza?? I dont know much about VW but anyone i know hasnt had any trouble with them golf bora etc. And come on audi how are they overated :D there most solid car on road imo.

I'd have to agree.
    I've had a few Audis and found them spot on.
    I've also had Passats and found them even better.

Let's not forget about the R32 Golf and the RS4 / RS8, etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Sometimes it doesn't succeed, but we try to have some level of informed debate on this forum! Conjecture, heresay, and pub talk is normally frowned upon, as are myths about goblins, fairys, unreliable fiats, reliable vws and ghosts!

Well then if u have nothing to contribute to the thread madihc thats fine.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Well then if u have nothing to contribute to the thread madihc thats fine.:D

All I can say is that this thread will go nowhere. Its closest real life approximation is the mahon tribunal!

Anyone that lusts after an audi A3 has no intrest in cars or driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Anyone mentioned that the Octavia has a large boot yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

IMO...

Best:

Toyota (Excluding starlet cuz it looks the ghey!)
    Honda
    Mazda
    Mitsubishi

Worst:

Anything Korean..
    Opel
    Ford
    Fiat
    Renault

Maidhc: Then why are u posting anything on it :mad::rolleyes:

Whats wrong with audi a3's not the newer version the 1998- think to 2002 version sexxy looking motor. Like not into all the modded up motors but ohh the toyota celica again older version hott stuff, are they are 2L engines or can they come in 1.6 anyone know.

groupb wrote: »
    Anyone that lusts after an audi A3 has no intrest in cars or driving.

I'd agree but the TDi version's not a bad car, they don't look too bad
    lowered with skirts and a nice set of 17s.
    Nothing too OTT just a bit of subtle styling.

By the way what cars do MADZA make? I know MAZDA make the MX5 , the worlds best selling sports car.

Maidhc: Then why are u posting anything on it :mad::rolleyes:

Whats wrong with audi a3's not the newer version the 1998- think to 2002 version sexxy looking motor. Like not into all the modded up motors but ohh the toyota celica again older version hott stuff, are they are 2L engines or can they come in 1.6 anyone know.

As far as I know the Celica comes in 1.6, 1.8, 2.0 and a Turbo version.

• Advertisement

Hmm excellent, there a fairly good reputable car arent they, prob insurance cost mental money though:(

Funny the wayz at first glance a toyota starlet resembles the nifty lil toyota glanza or is that just me:rolleyes:

Don't think the insurance would be too bad on a 1.6 / 1.8 Celica,
    depending on age, etc.

I like the shape of older Celicas, like the model that was out in 1990 and the one after that around '93, '94.
    I wouldn't be too gone on the more recent models though.

Glanzas are Starletts but don't tell a Glanza owner that:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Don't think the insurance would be too bad on a 1.6 / 1.8 Celica,
    depending on age, etc.

Glanzas are Starletts but don't tell a Glanza owner that:D

Starlet + Denial = Glanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Whats wrong with audi a3's not the newer version the 1998- think to 2002 version
    What's wrong with it is that the VW Golf is an almost identical car, but it is cheaper. What's the point in paying more and getting the same thing:confused:?

Or are 4 circular rings on a bonnet that important in badge snobbery Ireland?

FWIW the bigger Audis are quite different to VWs but the A3 is a Golf with a fancier frock.

He he would honestly think that wouldnt you amount of paritally modded starlets going about :rolleyes: Yea well just looking on carzone.ie dont see any 1.6 celicas seem to be 2.0 or 1.8 hmm

No wayz is a golf the same shape or design as an audi no way :) nope cant see resemblence at all. You are paying for a better quality car in relation to the audi imo.

He he would honestly think that wouldnt you amount of paritally modded starlets going about :rolleyes: Yea well just looking on carzone.ie dont see any 1.6 celicas seem to be 2.0 or 1.8 hmm

The 1.6 version may only have been available on older models.
    I drove a 1982? 1.6 Celica before so they definitely exist.
    Bit pointless having a 1.6 Celica though unless you're only concerned with looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

No wayz is a golf the same shape or design as an audi no way :) nope cant see resemblence at all. You are paying for a better quality car in relation to the audi imo.

How does changing a few body panels equate to it beign a better quality car?

Well VW and Audi are the same company now so they aren't that different.
    I think they've the same engine and possibly the same chassis and alot of other parts are probably the same too.

Personally I'd take a Golf over an A3 anyday.

• Advertisement

He said that audi are just a fancier option im saying audi cars any style are a better make of motor than vw thats all and that audi a3's dont share any resemblence with golfs thats all.

And in relation to celicas and not after one for the sake of how it looks i would rather a 1.6 version because could not afford tax nor insurance of anything bigger.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement