Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

best/worst make car in ireland

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

but Subaru???

Yes, Subaru. I had a 1986 Leone 1.8 turbo 4x4 estate a few years ago and many others since and they were all great cars, especially the Leone, which had so many advanced features in its day it was an amazing car. It even had height adjustable shocks at the touch of a button for off roading. I can honestly say if I wasn't into cars the way I am I'd buy a Legacy and drive it into the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

junkyard wrote: »
    I'd buy a Legacy and drive it into the ground.
    Here here.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

JHMEG wrote: »
    The first Jap car my father owned was a Subaru Legacy. He bought 2 more after he ran the first into the ground. The Legacy was the car that made him conclude "you can't bate the Japs", a phrase he used for over 10 years.

OTOH, between 2002 and 2005 my father-in-law spent €7,000 in repairs on his 1996 520i, which he owned from new (sort of.. it was a company car from new till late 2001). When it failed the NCT because the catalytic converter was gone he traded it in against a 2005 Avensis (which he thinks is great) and coined the phrase "me and BMW are FINISHED!". While he hasn't quite got around to saying "you can't bate the Japs", I know he thinks it.

Thanks for sharing your family background car buying info, JHMEG. It is interesting to reflect on our own buying behaviour in the light of what our fathers or other family members bought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭Niall1234

Why are people trying to compared the Audi A4 and the Passat.

As far as I'm aware, its the A6 which shares a chassis with the Passat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Niall1234 wrote: »
    Why are people trying to compared the Audi A4 and the Passat.

As far as I'm aware, its the A6 which shares a chassis with the Passat.

The last Passat, yes. The current Passat, no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

groupb wrote: »
    Ah now Biro. Rumor has it that the Vag group are colaberating with Hotpoint. I can see in thirty years from now enthuasists trying to choose between a fiat coupe and an Audi A3.

:D
    I can see it now...
    "The Fiat coupe is great to drive, but the A3 will wash and dry my clothes..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

unkel wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing your family background car buying info, JHMEG. It is interesting to reflect on our own buying behaviour in the light of what our fathers or other family members bought
    I bought my first car around the time my father had bought his first Legacy. It was an awful looking yoke and I knew nothing about cars, so I asked a friend for advice on what to buy as my father knew nothing about cars except that you can't bate the Japs.;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement