Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My tattoo

Options
  • 15-01-2008 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

27 years of age, always wanted one, took the plunge on Saturday
    Will i regret this in years to come?

dsc01001cz0.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

whether youl regret it in years to come who knows, i certainly dont know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Well, it's certainly a nice piece, so try not to regret having indulged in an ancient and wonderful art, would be a little silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Lazers pew pew

Danny Bullman did it for me
    i'm well happy with it
    getting it done though he remarked that peoples perceptions of you change when you get one done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Unfortunately there is still a bit of a scumbag stigma around having tattoos....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Danny Bullman did it for me
    i'm well happy with it
    getting it done though he remarked that peoples perceptions of you change when you get one done
    Are really that bothered with what other people think of you? Especially people who's opinions could change due to something so trivial as a tattoo on the upper arm. Fair enough if it was a Swastika on your forehead or something but it's not so I wouldn't worry.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Are really that bothered with what other people think of you? Especially people who's opinions could change due to something so trivial as a tattoo on the upper arm. Fair enough if it was a Swastika on your forehead or something but it's not so I wouldn't worry.
    quite the opposite, i dont give a shiny sh*te what people think of me, i just didnt realise that people were so narrow minded that they'd let a bit of ink cloud their judgement and perceptions of you
    maybe i'm just naíve

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

quite the opposite, i dont give a shiny sh*te what people think of me, i just didnt realise that people were so narrow minded that they'd let a bit of ink cloud their judgement and perceptions of you
    maybe i'm just naíve
    I'd say that people in general aren't but as the Tayto ad says, "There's always one!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Looks well healed for a piece done last saturday.

Looks well healed for a piece done last saturday.
    its a bit itchy today but hasnt really scabbed as of yet, i followed the post care instructions and use Bepanthen (sp) twice a day

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Tiroskan

It's well nice. Did it take long?

• Advertisement

took about two and a half hours which was good

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Yes, you will definately regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

farohar wrote: »
    Unfortunately there is still a bit of a scumbag stigma around having tattoos....:(

that, or that you're just not friendly, or an asshole.

and i know a guy with neo-nazi sleeves, lots of swastikas and even a red hand of ulster. they were from soemthing of a phase of his, and now, though he's still interested in german history, and the world wars, and every other time i see him he's got a new book on it, but either way, he doesnt regret the tattoos. if he could go back, he probably wouldnt have gotten them done, but still, they're a part of him now, a part of his history, and people do very seriously judge him on them. and it does have to be said, the dude is an absolute pet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Goldmember

You probably wont regret it,in fact in a few months you'll want another one and so on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ubaroo

you wont regret it i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭suzbox

its a bit itchy today but hasnt really scabbed as of yet, i followed the post care instructions and use Bepanthen (sp) twice a day
    ew does it lyk scab scab as in ur cut ur knee nd it goes all scabby ???
    is bepanthen the after balm stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

bepanthen is essentially nappy rash cream but works wonders on healing tattoos!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's a cream that's designed to soothe and aid skin healing, so that's why it works so well on tattooed skin, as your skin is irritated and a little inflamed... not all that different to nappy rash!

It's great stuff and I heartily recommend it!!!

It's a cream that's designed to soothe and aid skin healing, so that's why it works so well on tattooed skin, as your skin is irritated and a little inflamed... not all that different to nappy rash!

It's great stuff and I heartily recommend it!!!
    is it sudocream ??

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

No, it's something similar, but it doesn't smell like sudocreme, and is absorbed into the skin easier.

• Advertisement

ohh right its a specail thing then ....
    do you know anything bout the scabbing on tattoos im gettin a tattoo thursday and i didnt know its scabs is it actualy scab scabs or what??

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nools

i got mine on thursday and its going through the flaking stage....and lord does it itch but im not touching it....its like trying not to touch an insect bite....

its weird it must be scabs or somthing but its not as vibrant as it used to be on the first day!!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/160103/57046.JPG

every tattoo will scab, but depending on where it is on your body and how heavily it's shaded, it will be different.

they're like scabs in that they're raised up from your skin, and your skin is healing underneath. you have essentially damaged the surface area and below so it needs to heal and will be tender for a while.

the main thing is, no matter how itchy it will be, DO NOT SCRATCH OR PICK AT THE SCABS. this can cause the colour to be pulled out and the tattoo will appear patchy when fully healed

oh and nools, it will be much brighter when it's fully healed!

thanks, i havent touched it at all, i just want to rip my skin and the tattoo off its that irratating! if you get what i mean! what with the first tattoo i no what to expect what with reading about the healing process but not sure on what i should see if u get me, the only time skin has come off is during when il cleaning it or moisturising it but its always done gentally so its obviously what ever is just sitting on the skin rather than attached to it! but thanks ts!

oh yeah some of them itch horribly.

my back was so itchy i felt like crying that i couldn't scratch it. your best bet is to slather is with moisturiser, bepanthen being the best IMO (it's a nappy rash cream!) and that soothes it a bit. it also helps if you put the cream in the fridge for a little while before hand so it's lovely and cool!

the notion of putting the cream in the fridge is orgasmic to me at this moment in time....u are a genious! my after care said bep. for 4 days then the like of e45 for a few weeks 5 times a day so i can only go by what im told to do....but i still want to rip it off my body,

do u no what else would be fantastic? ice packs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 wheresmysheep

I found leanindg against tiles REALLY goooooood :) only thing was they heat up very quickly so you have to keep moving.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I find slapping the tattoo helps so much when you've an itch, such a relief.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

OP what a lovely 1st tatoo a lot of thought went into it .Slapping your tattoo helps if if itches and they are very addictive youll be back for your 2nd in no time

Advertisement