Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My tattoo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Wilburt wrote: »
    I find slapping the tattoo helps so much when you've an itch, such a relief.

Can't say that I really imagine this is much better for the wound itself than scratching would be though, this just won't pull the scab away is all. Also pink-belly around a tattoo would not look impressive IMO.
    Better to just leave the region alone when it itches, let it heal.
    If it really bugs you find something sharp and stick it into the skin (without breaking the skin) near the area that itches without going onto the tattoo, due to the way the nerves in the body link up you'll find that there are nearby places that will reduce/completely satisfy an itch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭suzbox

every tattoo will scab, but depending on where it is on your body and how heavily it's shaded, it will be different.

they're like scabs in that they're raised up from your skin, and your skin is healing underneath. you have essentially damaged the surface area and below so it needs to heal and will be tender for a while.

the main thing is, no matter how itchy it will be, DO NOT SCRATCH OR PICK AT THE SCABS. this can cause the colour to be pulled out and the tattoo will appear patchy when fully healed
    oh rite i get ya tnx 4 d help

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Technically that's not a scab when the skin is raised, it's inflammation due to what's involved in getting a tattoo... skin pierced many many times with needles!!! That's also why it itches, and why it can feel hot/burny at times.

I always found the bepanthen to work wonders, and I'd keep using it, as it moisturises AND helps the skin to heal, rather than just switching to a moisturiser.

And yeah, the odd (light enough) slap helps with itching. As does having the tattoo exposed to cool air, without clothing over it, sitting in my room with the window open reading/using the computer/playing games were all good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

I used Preperation H :eek:

Very little scabbing and I can't remember an itch. It was a shoulder tat so I'm not sure if this would be an area that itchs too much anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

yeah but i think i'd rather ask the chemist for bepanthen than prep H! :p

• Advertisement

And yeah, the odd (light enough) slap helps with itching. As does having the tattoo exposed to cool air, without clothing over it, sitting in my room with the window open reading/using the computer/playing games were all good. :)
    Agreed, leaves nothing to rub against it. One of the downsides to one on the spine, everytime you sit down there'll be a little friction and compression.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭trevorku

Tatt looks good, Ive been thinking about getting one for ages but am afraid that if the tattooist cocks it up then I'll be left with something dreadful on my arm, what was the pain score like? Is it like having hot knives slicing your arm, my mate said that, wouldnt mind him as he is melodramatic and wheres the best place to get the tatt done? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

Slapping worked without fail, as did Bepanthen while it was healing and keeping it moisturised with E45 once it wasn't an open wound any more. If itching's really driving you insane spit on your hand and rub it over the tattoo. Sounds vile, but after getting my chest done it was the only thing that helped the itching! :p

Cherryvega wrote: »
    If itching's really driving you insane spit on your hand and rub it over the tattoo. Sounds vile, but after getting my chest done it was the only thing that helped the itching! :p
    *note to self: never shake Cherryvega's hand....*:p

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

27 years of age, always wanted one, took the plunge on Saturday
    Will i regret this in years to come?

Looks nice.
    life's too short for regrets :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 vathar

You'll regret ... not getting one earlier! I know I did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Wilburt wrote: »
    I find slapping the tattoo helps so much when you've an itch, such a relief.
    so if my wife gets a tat on her bum i can slap it:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

27 years of age, always wanted one, took the plunge on Saturday
    Will i regret this in years to come?

dsc01001cz0.jpg
    i think its a great tattoo,nah you wont regret it,why should you?
    the tattoo to me is great,stylish,well done.
    id get something like that and i wouldt regret it as i have regret on a few tats i have but at the end of the day its worth it.

Advertisement