Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How far can you go?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

for 50 euros I can drive maybe 420 miles, car is Matiz 800cc

mpg is around 35-39 (6.0l-6.7l/100km)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

itarumaa wrote: »

mpg is around 35-39

That doesn't seem that great for a small car like that TBH, I get the same in a 1.5l car, a lot more on a long cruise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭paulksnn

50 euro gets me about 9 gallons (41.35 litres) That's the tank almost full.
    450 Miles = 50 mpg.
    04 Mazda 6 2L Diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Just on the filling up thing, when I fill my tank, I FILL FILL it, like after the pump first cuts off because it's full, I can still put about 10 more litres in before it starts to nearly overflow. I hope I'm not supposed to just leave it when it first cuts off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

That doesn't seem that great for a small car like that TBH, I get the same in a 1.5l car, a lot more on a long cruise

I agree, one reason is that I go flat out guite often, since the car is so painfully slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

BostonB wrote: »
    His dads company. :rolleyes: He edited the post for some reason.

i didnt believe it was relevant

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

bazz26 wrote: »
    2005 Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi.

Hmm 570 miles on a tank seems an awful lot

I was about to post how happy I was with my new Focus 1.4 doing approx 630 kilometres with a full tank

are you sure it wasn't 570 km?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

cormie wrote: »
    Just on the filling up thing, when I fill my tank, I FILL FILL it, like after the pump first cuts off because it's full, I can still put about 10 more litres in before it starts to nearly overflow. I hope I'm not supposed to just leave it when it first cuts off?
    Nah, the cutoff mechanism is far from foolproof.

~350 miles for €50 (1.19 per litre)
    96 1.6 golf

never really appreciated how much further the diesels went. good thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

20 miles to the litre

so, um...

833 miles for 50e? (@ 1.20e / litre )

shame I can only fit 7.5l in my 125cc :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

I get about 500mls from 50ltrs in a Golf GT Tdi. A lot of motorway driving tho.

Once averaged 70mpg on the trip computer driving from Belfast to Dublin because I had the flu and stuck it at 60 the whole way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Mondeo 1.8 Zetec.
    311 Miles for €50 (ish)
    Not 100% accurate there now but not far out either.
    That was to Dublin and back from Cork. Not going too easy either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Riskymove wrote: »

I was about to post how happy I was with my new Focus 1.4 doing approx 630 kilometres with a full tank

Certain, trip computer is fairly accurate and gives me a reading of around 927 km.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

Riskymove wrote: »

Most small diesels in that class will achieve similar with a little care. Given a 55 litre tank and an average consumption of 5 litres per 100 km you can see how easy it is to achieve it - even allowing for not running the tank dry. Its worth noting that most of them will run around the 4.2 L/100 km range quite easily but it all depends on the driving conditions and driver style.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

bazz26 wrote: »
    Certain, trip computer is fairly accurate and gives me a reading of around 927 km.

I always new diesels were more economical but didnt realize there would be such a diference. Your car does well over twice the distance I can get from my Celica :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭bottletops

Focus 1.6
    489 miles = 1 Full tank = €62 ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

From a 60 litre tank in my '97 1.8 Petrol V40 I get 400 miles mixed driving - That's about 30 MPG which is not terribly bad, as I carry a fair bit of kit in the boot most of the time, and have roof bars on it etc. On a long run without the roof bars, I'm up to about 37 MPG which isn't too bad.

The '81 Range Rover on the other hand, that's returning about 220 miles from an 80 litre tank, when I don't have a head on wind, if I'm lucky. That's not joking either. About 11 MPG. If I get a head on wind, and the route has a load of hills, I'm down to about 8 MPG. Needless to say, she doesn't get to stretch the legs very often at that rate, but for a 27 year old pulling a full ambulance body around on her backside, she'll still make 75MPH without breaking a sweat..... And the twin carb V8....Sure why wouldn't you pay to hear that purr. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Passat 1.9 TDI

Tank is officially 62 ltrs but I've squeezed over 63 ltrs into it from near empty at times so either the car manual is wrong or some of my local garages need their diesel pumps re-calibrated pretty badly !

Anyway, full tank costing anywhere from €71-€74 nowadays will give me nigh on 700 miles esp. if there's any long'ish runs involved. Currently do approx. 50 miles per day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lolab

MYOB wrote: »
    "One Oil".

I thought it was rebranded to Topaz?
    Maybe thats their registered name and not their trading name?

On the OP, I fill up at €1.18 per litre, put no more then €40 so about 35ltrs and get about 180miles per tank outta my car. I drive an evo 6 2ltr turbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

From the last fill in my 'SUV':

€50 at €1.169 per Litre = 42.77L

42.77L = 9.41 Imperial Gallons

9.41 Gallons got me 592Kms (367.85 Miles)

Therefore:
    39MPG or 13.6c per mile

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

70 quid gets me 250 miles/400 kms.

63 litres, 120c a litre approx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

600-800 miles for about €70. BMW 530d manual

Advertisement