Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with menu!

• 15-01-2008 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

I'm hosting my first dinner part on wednesday, its at quite last notice (impromptu returning of friend!) I'm very busy tomorrow, which means i only have wednesday to prepare! I can do a stir fry easily enough and my friend is making a dessert, but can anyone suggest some very easy starter to make (2 of the 5 guests dont like salad!)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

I'm hosting my first dinner part on wednesday, its at quite last notice (impromptu returning of friend!) I'm very busy tomorrow, which means i only have wednesday to prepare! I can do a stir fry easily enough and my friend is making a dessert, but can anyone suggest some very easy starter to make (2 of the 5 guests dont like salad!)

Thanks!

Prawn Cocktail is about as easy as it gets as you can get cooked prawns in the shop... all you have to do is defrost them if frozen... Make the marie rose sauce by mixing tomato ketchup and mayo in equal proportions (mixing well) and simply serve the prawns in a bowl covered with the sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Lemon juice, paprika and black ppper in the Mary Rose too.

Bed of iceberg lettuce. Bob's yer aunty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 meremortal

Seeing as you're having stir fry I'd stick with something asian like fishcakes, you can buy these easily, M&S do lovely ones, serve with a tiny bit of salad as a garnish (& to fill up the plate) and servce with sweet chilli sauce.

Do a google search for asian starters if they dont like fish and see what it comes up with. Tesco do a few different appetiser packs in the fridge department such as spring rolls. Their onion Bhajis are lovely (only 1.89 for 6), if youre having these use some indian spices on the meat befor eyou stir fry it and go easy on the stir fry sauce to tie it all in together.

Advertisement