Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennis - Australian Open

• 15-01-2008 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

I've gone for various combinations of the following tonight. €20 wagered in total. They're all either significantly better than their opponents on the hard surface or else they're rising stars like Cornet and Cilic who are somewhat underpriced.

Ram @ 11/10
    Kleybanova @ 7/4
    Cilic @ Evens
    Cornet 2-0 @ 8/11
    Delic @ 8/13
    Gremelmayr @ 8/13
    Safin @ 2/5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

paulizei wrote: »
    I've gone for various combinations of the following tonight. €20 wagered in total. They're all either significantly better than their opponents on the hard surface or else they're rising stars like Cornet and Cilic who are somewhat underpriced.

Ram @ 11/10 ON
    Kleybanova @ 7/4
    Cilic @ Evens ON
    Cornet 2-0 @ 8/11 ON
    Delic @ 8/13
    Gremelmayr @ 8/13 ON
    Safin @ 2/5 ON

On 5 of these need 4 to come up to get paid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭paulizei

Good man. I think I'll pop a bit more on Cilic. His price is coming down on PP but still evens elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

When is the Safin match on? i have 3 results up (Ram lost) and need Safin to win something back

EDIT - Disregard just seen he won at least thats something back, damn u ram

Ram @ 11/10 :mad:
    Kleybanova @ 7/4 :)
    Cilic @ Evens :)
    Cornet 2-0 @ 8/11 :)
    Delic @ 8/13 :)
    Gremelmayr @ 8/13 :)
    Safin @ 2/5 :)
    €130 return despite Ram losing.

When is the Safin match on? i have 3 results up (Ram lost) and need Safin to win something back
    Safin just finished. 3-0 win.

• Advertisement

EDIT - Disregard just seen he won at least thats something back, damn u ram
    Yeah, I had him in a double with Kleybanova. :(

Didn't take much tonight.

Garcia Lopez @ 4/6
    Davydenko 3-0 @ 8-15
    Kohlshcreiber 3-0 @ 11/10
    Calleri @ 5/6
    Schuettler @ 11/10

Didn't take much tonight.

Garcia Lopez @ 4/6 :)
    Davydenko 3-0 @ 8-15 :)
    Kohlshcreiber 3-0 @ 11/10 :confused: Winning 2-0 but lamer opponent retired.
    Calleri @ 5/6 :mad: Thrashed
    Schuettler @ 11/10 :mad: Thrashed
    Small loss. Much better choice of games tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Right guys - used to be a mad tennis supported but that since died when my two fav players retired. so a couple of questions - i see that safin is 11/10 to win tonight, i saw that he won his first match 3-0 - what do you guys reckon to his chances tonight? also is this years event not on sky? or is it on eurosport or any other channel?

Thanks

-Ace-

Yeah, Safin is on form again and Baghdatis has an injury, so I'm backing him. Cilic too. It's on eurosport I believe.

• Advertisement

quick question - did an accum with a few tennis players - one of which was D Ferrer - but his opponent retired(when he was 2 sets down) - how does this affect the accum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I think retiring is the same as forfieting the match, you should have a win there

Ace2007 wrote: »
    quick question - did an accum with a few tennis players - one of which was D Ferrer - but his opponent retired(when he was 2 sets down) - how does this affect the accum
    That match will be voided. The other games in the accum are unaffected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Really? Thats a bit sh!t!

jameshayes wrote: »
    Really? Thats a bit sh!t!
    Yeah I had a treble wrecked by a retirement the other night, but a few retirements have saved accumulators for me in the past.

yea its a pain alright - if the others all win - its €300 less that i will get back.

O and whats the deal with been only allowed to put on X amount in tennis - example i wanted to put a bit on safin at 11/10 to win his match this morning - but the max bet was only 250.46 - luckly for me i know - but why couldn't i have put more on.

Thanks

-Ace-

Ace2007 wrote: »
    yea its a pain alright - if the others all win - its €300 less that i will get back.

O and whats the deal with been only allowed to put on X amount in tennis - example i wanted to put a bit on safin at 11/10 to win his match this morning - but the max bet was only 250.46 - luckly for me i know - but why couldn't i have put more on.

Thanks

-Ace-
    Yeah Safin cost me a bit last night, he looked awesome in the 3rd and 4th but couldn't keep it up. I have no idea why that limit thing happens. I get it sometimes too.

so of all the favourites who is going to screw up tonights.

turns out it was Mauresmo who was 1-9 to win....

Tonight's main games

Singles and a treble.
    ====
    Makarova @ 11/4. Young star. Petrova unfit and out of form.
    Cilic @ 18/10. Young star. Gonzalez in decline.
    Ferrer under 29.5 @ 5/6. Spadea not in the same league.

Treble
    ====
    Makarova + 5.5 @ 4/5
    Cilic + 3.5
    Ferrer 3-0 @ 1/2

=====
    Others.
    =====
    Nalbandian @ 1/2
    Monaco v Berdych Over 36.5 @ 5/6
    Radwanska v Kuznetsova Over 20.5 @ 5/6
    Kirilenko + 4.5 @ 8/11
    Domachowska + 5.5 @ 5/6
    Federer v Tipsarevic under 29.5
    Djokovic v Querrey under 32.5

• Advertisement

Kirilenko is hawt.

Well that Federer under was the most wrongest bet ever. :eek:

Tonight's main games

Singles and a treble.
    ====
    Makarova @ 11/4. Young star. Petrova unfit and out of form. :mad:
    Cilic @ 18/10. Young star. Gonzalez in decline. :)
    Ferrer under 29.5 @ 5/6. Spadea not in the same league. :)

Treble
    ====
    Makarova + 5.5 @ 4/5 :mad: (by 1 game)
    Cilic + 3.5 :)
    Ferrer 3-0 @ 1/2 :)

=====
    Others.
    =====
    Nalbandian @ 1/2 :mad:
    Monaco v Berdych Over 36.5 @ 5/6 :)
    Radwanska v Kuznetsova Over 20.5 @ 5/6 :mad:
    Kirilenko + 4.5 @ 8/11 :)
    Domachowska + 5.5 @ 5/6 :)
    Federer v Tipsarevic under 29.5 :mad:
    Djokovic v Querrey under 32.5 :)
    Not bad apart from Makarova choking.

Jankovic v Dellacqua soon. I'm on Dellacqua +4.5, and a bit on the win @ 3/1. She played some great stuff against Mauresmo and Jankovic is a bit ill.

Petrova's rubbish and Radwanska will take her in the next round, win @ Evens and straight sets @ 9/4. I've taken both before the price falls.

Dellacqua ballsed it up, cracking start but ended up 2 games short of the handicap. Oops.

The price on Radwanska has plummeted unsurprisingly.

I've also taken Kirilenko and Cilic @ 7/5 and 6/5.

Radwanska played poorly but won probably due to Petrova's lack of fitness, so I'm backing Hantuchova to beat her tonight @ 10/11. Hantuchova came from 1 set and a break down to beat Kirilenko who has been very impressive. Blake had a good day and twatted Cilic easily unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

My man for the tournament Djokovic is still going strong. Looked good against Hewitt tonight.

Nadal still has the easiest draw though.

I am expecting Youzhny to beat Nadal in the next round if they both win tonight. Nadal hasn't been tested at all, he's not as good on hardcourts as he is on clay where the pace is slower and suits his game, while Youzhny is in great form, has a cracking serve and battered Nadal 6-0 6-1 a couple of weeks ago. Nadal will be favourite because of his ranking and reputation, so hopefully the odds on Youzhny will be over generous.

Like I said, they both have to win tonight first though of course. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭k101

whats nadals record like against youzhny the other times they have met before the last time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

k101 wrote: »
    whats nadals record like against youzhny the other times they have met before the last time?
    Nadal is 6-4 overall against Youzhny, including winning a 5-setter here three years ago. However, Youzhny is 4-2 on hard courts. I've been on Youzhny since the start of the tournament and he looks to have a big chance of making the final.

Some good picks in this thread Paulizei, well done!

• Advertisement

k101 wrote: »
    They've played 10 times, Nadal has won 6. Gotta see what happens tonight first. He should beat Nieminen comfortably anyway. Tsonga is playing well, tough serve to break and tie breaker possibilities so I dunno what to do there.

e2a: Mr.Crumbs got there first. :o

Advertisement